My parents suck

Kristafon

Reaction score
At the moment I am sitting at home with my whole body aching, my legs, my arms, my chest. Im ill, last night I came down with a fever and keep feeling worse and worse.
Get this- I think my parents have gone nuts.
They blame my illness not on a virus (blasphomy!), but on playing games. Thats right. My mom sais my mind is constantly working overtime when I play games (whatever happend to games being counted as relaxation?) so, somehow, from this I get a fever.
I couldnt belive she was saying this, I thought that she wasnt being serious. But she was.

So. Can any of you guys find some proof that games-
Dont make your mind work constantly faster
Give you fevers

She said that I used to like "nice stratergy games". But hey, dont these make you think more than playing run and gunners?
Please, try and find a way I can persuade my parents they are speaking a load of shite. Thankyou.

My mom use to tell me to stop playing video games and watch TV, or go outside with friends. I told her my friends were all pot smoking hippies and it wasn't good for me to hang out with them. Just tell your parents that you are suicidal and the only reason you haven't killed yourself yet is because games keep you entertained.

Illnes is a result of a bacteria or a virus. There is no other way to contract one.

This reminds me of the old wives tale that you can get sick from being out in the rain and cold. While, it might be true that being overexposed to bad weather might weaken your immune system somewhat (maybe) you cannot get a cold from it unless you come into direct contact with the rhino virus.

Tell her to go research the subject as she obvioulsy has no clue what she's talking about.

The only thing that has ever made me get sick due to how my brain was working is from being way to nervous for a very long time because of school work, lots of tension weakens the immune system and makes you more susceptible to illness. Never have I become sick from playing video games, they have always relieved tension for me more than anything.

go to a doctor and ask him to write down his diagnosis, that should sort her out :)

Surely playing games ie, not going out interacting with germs, but also not staying fit and healthy through outdoor activity can help to bring on the illness and make the symptoms worse.

I go to the gym every saturday and sunday, plus I have a half an hour walk home from school every day. I wouldnt say its becuase im being unhelathy and lazy

Oh I like when my parent's tell me why I am still tired "You play your video games too late" Uhhh I go to bed @ 3am, I play my games between 12-2am, now how in the hell is it be my video games, when I am used to going to bed at that time?

This is getting very strange.
About half an hour ago I woke up and Samuel Jackson told me to run around my house and keep my hands together (no bullshit).
Im getting more and mroe dellerious

Hey, my parents used to tell me to get the hell off this thing and go outside and get a tan. Now I'm gone every day, lift weights, run and go to college and they would kill to have me home for one day.

It's just your parents dealing with the oncoming ENS (Empty Nest Syndrome). ;) Seriously though, if you're that sick right now, I'd suggest you get some sleep. Us forum goers will be here when you get back.

First person shoters can also be like stratergy games. Well it takes stratergy right? I've heard of a study that said games improve your eye sight. It said gamers were better able to see and track multiple things from the cornners of their eyes.

who was it, the puritans? yeah, that's it. they said that everything that happens to you comes as a direct result of you being a sinner. and you're evil. so stop. stop it now.

you callin' AMERICA nuts, son? heh heh, just kiddin'... yeah, they were loonies.

The only harm you can do to yourself it rss (repetative strain syndrone), aching muscles and perhaps damaging your eyesight. Because of of the computer my back aches all day and my arm aches. This is not due to overuse but due to the fact that my table is not big enough, so my arm does not have enough space to rest on something etc.. this is unrelated but it is a warning to you all to make sure your hardware is positioned well , you have an adjustable chair, you have room to rest you arm and you have a suitable keyboard

Kristafon said:
At the moment I am sitting at home with my whole body aching, my legs, my arms, my chest. Im ill, last night I came down with a fever and keep feeling worse and worse.
Get this- I think my parents have gone nuts.
They blame my illness not on a virus (blasphomy!), but on playing games. Thats right. My mom sais my mind is constantly working overtime when I play games (whatever happend to games being counted as relaxation?) so, somehow, from this I get a fever.
I couldnt belive she was saying this, I thought that she wasnt being serious. But she was.

So. Can any of you guys find some proof that games-
Dont make your mind work constantly faster
Give you fevers

She said that I used to like "nice stratergy games". But hey, dont these make you think more than playing run and gunners?
Please, try and find a way I can persuade my parents they are speaking a load of shite. Thankyou.

typical fools who blame every problem in society on video games *cough*friendsofjoeliberman*cough*

Zeus said:
typical fools who blame every problem in society on video games *cough*friendsofjoeliberman*cough*

hey joe lieberman is a great man! *snicker*...

count your blessings.. my mom used to tell me that the elder twilight gods didn't exist.. then the portal opened ;(

I saw a documentary on Video Games. They said that it can't be bad for the brain. It helps to get social relations (Multiplayer) and it almost the same thing that playing a sport (without the conditionning). And it develops reflexes.

whoa...where'd you see THAT documentary? all that seems kind of counter-intuitive

AntiAnto said:
I saw a documentary on Video Games. They said that it can't be bad for the brain. It helps to get social relations (Multiplayer) and it almost the same thing that playing a sport (without the conditionning). And it develops reflexes.

like sports whiout conditioning?

I think I know what that mean

Your people play to much videogames, it's been almost a 9 month since I've rely played a game. I now play now and then for some relaxation, I guess my harcore years are over.

Back