My pimped out HL2pod :D

v1p3r

Reaction score
hl2pod2hk.jpg

Firmware editors are brilliant arn't they :LOL:

Nice! If I'd be willing to put up with the crappy battery life and high price, that's definitely what I'd have on my iPod.

Do you need to reformat the ipod in the process of updating the firmware?

Goood going viper, now if we got that to work with my philips one ey :cheers:

kingthebadger said:
whats the point? lol

Whats the point of that reply, whats the point of this reply, whats the point of whatever,

shut up.

Janzar said:
Whats the point of that reply, whats the point of this reply, whats the point of whatever,

shut up.

Haha! Go get him Janzar! ;)

No, seriously, get him.

that's great! I'm so going to do that next time I hook the ol' ipod up.

I just got my iPod for Christmas and I knew about editing the firmware, but I'm afraid it voids my warranty, and I don't feel like scanning over 400 lines of text for something relevant. In short, does doing this void your standard Apple warranty?

Intamin said:
Haha! Go get him Janzar! ;)

No, seriously, get him.

Just went at him because viper is a mate of mine.
You hate kingofthebadger or something?? :LOL:

urgh...iPoo.

i love my Rio Karma. anyone else here have this awesome piece of audio equipment?

Malfunction said:
I just got my iPod for Christmas and I knew about editing the firmware, but I'm afraid it voids my warranty, and I don't feel like scanning over 400 lines of text for something relevant. In short, does doing this void your standard Apple warranty?

Technically, yes it does.

Practically, you can allways flash the default firmware on and apple will never know.

Also if the iPod is broken to the point that you cant even try to put the default firmware, apple won't know since they use exactly the same methods of throubleshooting as the user does. Typically they just take a dump of your harddrive (if they can), and stick it on a new one for you.

lordbotulor said:
Do you need to reformat the ipod in the process of updating the firmware?

If you edit your SysInfo file you can fool the updater into thinking you have an older version of the firmware, therefore 'updating' it so you dont loose anything.

Add me to MSN if you need some help, I've got nothing better to do :)

Can't edit now >: '(

Janzar said:
Goood going viper, now if we got that to work with my philips one ey :cheers:

I had a look in the firmware, it seems to be compressed or encrypted so hacking it is beyond my limited abilities :)

I couldn't find any firmware hackers for your player either.

Back