MY problem [pic inside]

skater4evr5

Reaction score
I have A radeon 9600 Pro 256mb

ON MY RETAIL box it says dx 9 installed card right ???

When I load up CSS and go into options this is what I get
[pic below]
I have reinstalled dx9 and the new catylast drivers from ATI ...

I have lots of small problems with dx8 .. like the flash effect is the old white fade one from cs 1.6 ARRGHH !!

Lots of stuff in pics look shiny for instance the tires.. well in dx8 mine dont !! AARGHH Can anyone help me ??

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 291
I ALREADY SAID I HAVE IT !!!

and i thought it was a bad file so i re-installed ..still no luck at all

any DX9 should be sufficient, I honestly don't know why that isn't being picked up as a DX9 level card...

Have you disabled any on-board graphics chipset you may have? there could be some conflict between your motherboards graphics chipset making CS:S think you only have a DX8 level board...

...that's the only thing I can think of. :(

edit: and don't listen to dalamari - DX9 is sufficient.

where would i find that info from an on-board grahoic at ??? and how do i disable it ??

I'm not sure what motherboard you have or if it even has onboard graphics, but I seriously can't think of anything other than a hardware conflict making CS:S run in DX8 mode.

right click my comp, then go to properties, then go to hardware, then device manager then u will know what to do

You could try forcing DX9 mode by adding -dx 9 or -dxlevel 9 or something like that to the end of the target box in the CS:S shortcut - I'm not sure exactly what the command is but someone in here will.

edit: you need to edit your shortcut to look like this:

C:\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 260 -console -dx9

or change the path to locate to wherever your steam exe is located.

i even tried editing my dxsupport.cfg file to force it to use dx9 and i had no luck. i have a 5900ultra, i should be able to pump out dx9

I think valve disabled DX9 to all GeForceFX users due to the FX range being incapable of handling the majority of DX9 level instructions efficiently enough to give you a playable framerate - blame the hardware, not valve.

The ATi 9600 should run in DX9 though, it's weird that it doesnt. You sure it's a 9600 and not a 9200? (9200s are DX8 level cards)

Back