My PS3 and Xbox are Shitting the Bed

Warped

Reaction score
Let me start by saying yes I do clean my game systems regularly. On top of that they run almost everyday nonstop which probably isn't a good thing. But just recently both are feeling the pain. They are having a very tough time reading disks. It doesn't matter how clean the games are, they just don't like my systems anymore. I use Compressed air sparingly and with caution, and still no luck. I've read all the forums about cleaning them but before I attempt to break open both systems does anyone have suggestions.

I'm sure there are many here who have been in my shoes. My Xbox 360 was born in late 2005, and my PS3 was born in early 2007. I do have the Philips CD/DVD cleaner but it says not to use on Xbox or other game systems
sac2560w_10_rtv_.jpg

since both are out of warranty should i risk cleaning them myself?? I think I can attempt an alcoholic swab, which in theory sounds smart. But that means breaking open both systems or doing something risky. any advice could help. but keep in mind i sent in the PS3 for repairs once which was free of charge, and my xbox died before and was repaired under the microsoft 3 year warranty which was enacted a long time ago.

Do you know what it'd cost for you to get your 360 serviced by MS?

IIRC you can still have it serviced by'em even after the warranty is gone it just costs you.

Alternatively, check if there's any stores in your area dedicated to modding etc, they usually have extremely tech-sawwy people that can replace your DVD-reader in your 360 if it's gone bad etc.

That's all I can think off, seeing as I'm not the kinda person that open up my consoles and mess around myself.

I also only ever clean the outside of my consoles.

Back