My RAM Performance - Need Help

WhiteZero

Tank
Reaction score
Alright, I've had this setup for a little over a year now. It was custom built by my friend and I. All parts were purchased off of NewEgg.com

Heres the rig:
Processor (CPU): Intel Pentium4, 2.4 gHz (stock) 800MHZ FSB - Overclocked to ~3.0 gHz
Motherboard: Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Click here for details
RAM: 2 x 512MB (1 gigabyte) of Corsair XMS Memory Click here for details
Video Card: ATi Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB - Memory Clock: 337.5 MHz - Core Clock: 378.0 MHz
Hard Drive(s): 2 x Maxtor 80gig 7200RPM 8MB Cache

Anyway, onto the performance issues. I ran CPUz the other day and check out the clock speeds of my CPU and RAM. I found that my RAM's speed seemed to be lacking a bit...

Now, the specs on my RAM say that it should be running at about 434 MHz, and yet it seems that CPUz tells me something different, Click here for the picture from CPUz

Yeah, my RAM is PC3200, but CPUz says 200MHz. What is up with this? Shouldent my RAM be operating at ~434MHz? In my BIOS, I have the DRAM setting to Auto. I did, however, try to set it to 400MHz, but then my system wouldent POST; so I had to pop out one of the memory modules and reboot, change the settings back, and pop the module back in.

I wish I could manualy set my DRAM's timing, but my BIOS dosent have a "Manual" setting for it. All there is, is "Auto" and then like 3 options for speed, one being 400 MHz (which makes my system un-bootable).

Any tips on whats up with my RAM?

Your memory runs at 200MHz. It's DDR and transfers data twice per clock so they say DDR400. That isn't the frequency which it runs at though.

Back