My soon to be Rig!

hyenolie

Reaction score
alright laddies, its the holydays and im bought to drop some serious dogh and buy me some presents if you konw what i mean,

ok tell me what u guys think and pleas give me some suggestions, this board will only be used for hl2, cscz, bf1942, and cs

intell p4 3.0 800 fsb,
kingston hyperx pc4000 500mghz, <-------better ideas???
abit max3 or asus p4c800-e delux, <------help me decide
asus fx5950 ultra 256 or ati radeon 9800 xt 256 <------help me decide
19 inch crt env!s!on monitor,
arcylic (see through) case, 5 or 6 fans i forgot, 80mm fans, im goona get see through fans, i dont know what kid of fans, help me out with the best fans out there, plus help me choose a cpu cooler, which is best one???

antec 500Watt power supply? u guys give me a better choice,
rounded cables for everything, wiremanagment will be my first priority, all is going to be neat and tidey, im a control freak yes i am,

im thinking of geting an scsi 37 gig 10000rpm harddrive, rather than a regular sata 7200 but i dont htink ill overplay for the harddrive, dont htink it will help a lot in gaming, ill probably get a regular 7200 rpm, ibm/maxtor/western something 40 or 60 gigs max.

and now the one thing that hasent left my mind is, do i get fan cooling or water cooling, ive read some of the other posts about the cpu shouldnt go over 60ish C, but when im paying 500 dallers for a piece of curcuit board (video card) i wants that shit to be 2 degree C u get what im saying,

so now please someone tellme does water cooling really help that much, how much cooler or better is water vs air, on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being best, someone rank these two variables.

ohh ya when giving suggjestions please give me in full detail the name of the product so i can find it and research it.

HAPPY POSTINGS!!!!!!!

Go with the ASUS P4C800-E Delux
Go with the Radeon 9800XT

Don't get watercooling unless you plan on overclocking, it's a waste of money unless you have the extra to spend

radeon 9800xt...dont get pc4000 ram either, get pc3200 or pc3500 (the timings will be faster on those two than on pc4000)

thanks for the feed back guys, as soon as i can get that system built i will post some picks up for you guys, its goona be one nice bitch i tell you.

ya my only problem is buidling that stupid assembly requierd arclyic case.

after that i can get a friend to put together the boards, and what not, i can do some hardware myself but i dont know hwo to do cpu instalations, never tried and dont want to either.

STAY away from the clear acrylic cases!!! They are complete junk, and they will most likely break or crack during installation. Just get a case with a window.

Watercooling is not necessary as they said, unless you plan on doing hardcore OCing. Also stick with PC3200 if not OCing.

Stick with PC3500 if you are OCing anyway.

If you are OCing, get the Max III, if not still get an IC7-G just Max 2.

The best HSF for socket 478 is the zalman 7000Cu paired with some AS ceramique, though im not sure it will have clearance on a Max III board.

Dont get the SCSI drive. If you want some 10,000 RPM from SATA, get a western digital 36gb (75gig coming soon) raptor SATA drive. It will be a better choice then SCSI.

You could skip that 500W PSU and go with a 400W or even maybe a 350 and when you buy it, try to get a PSU that has a Decibell level under 20...

Back