My theory of the half-life 2 conspiracy.

S

Shockey

I have had a theory forming in my head for why half-life 2 is delayed so much and everyone basically knows it is completed. Even possibly more like 4 months ago.

But first I must say, I am a diehard Half-Life/valvE fan. And would probly do anything for them ;) But on the other hand, I think we have all been decived! Read and decide.

Ok we see half-life 2 at eb 2003. Then launch date said sept 30th. Then canceled. Then no further news really until eb 2004. Now here we see first shots of CS : Souce.

Bam! marketing strategy #1. They see how everyone is wow'd by CS : source and devize a plan. They have all these people wanting to play Half-Life 2 SO BAD, and they will play anything like it. Even pay money to do so. So they release CS : Source as a "beta" for The valvE lan cafe's ,Condition-zero, and ATI half-life 2 free game vouchers.

Bam! marketing Strategy #2. Obviously ATI was involved. Then as you can expect people are yet wow'd again, and end up going to go play at a cafe and pay money that valvE will end up with, or buying condition-zero and/or a ATI card.

And Finally Bam! Marketing Strategy #3 and one half point zero zero eight four six and no 0/100~~~~~~~~. Hold Half-Life 2 back until sales go down 50 percent or more. Then finally releasing the product that will make them wealthy for ever.

Really it's only one Marketing Strategy I think... And I have no idea how to market anything so take that into concideration.

So its all about money i guess.....

Gabe must be trying to take over teh world!

crownest said:
So its all about money i guess.....

Gabe must be trying to take over teh world!

he will! he has many knives to kill the army ^^

Shockey said:
Ok we see half-life 2 at eb 2003. Then launch date said sept 30th. Then canceled. Then no further news really until eb 2004. Now here we see first shots of CS : Souce.

Bam! marketing strategy #1. They see how everyone is wow'd by CS : source and devize a plan. They have all these people wanting to play Half-Life 2 SO BAD, and they will play anything like it. Even pay money to do so. So they release CS : Source as a "beta" for The valvE lan cafe's ,Condition-zero, and ATI half-life 2 free game vouchers.

Where's the conspiracy in this?

Bam! marketing Strategy #2. Obviously ATI was involved. Then as you can expect people are yet wow'd again, and end up going to go play at a cafe and pay money that valvE will end up with, or buying condition-zero and/or a ATI card.

Obviously it has been known for ages that ATI partnered with Valve. No conspiracy here, either.

And Finally Bam! Marketing Strategy #3 and one half point zero zero eight four six and no 0/100~~~~~~~~. Hold Half-Life 2 back until sales go down 50 percent or more. Then finally releasing the product that will make them wealthy for ever.

If money were all Valve cared about, they would have quit after Half-Life since it made them huge profits. Someone at Valve actually did. I can't remember who.

And to think that Valve is holding HL2 back just to maximize sales is beyond retarded.

Cybernoid said:
Where's the conspiracy in this?
... No conspiracy here, either.

you're one of them aren't you!!?!?
:eek:

Theres no conspiracy, theres no scam, no mystical BS, other than the developers waiting as long as possible to release the game will get more fans therefore more people to buy the game.

ofcourse youre right,!

I knew it all allong its just that they cant hold it back till X-Mass else they would have done so to increase sales.. and yes CS;s is selling good.. CZ is too ( how weird ).. why'd you think they reduced the prize of it.

just marketing strategies indeed , and Ati is involved go check teamradeon's forums , and they know what this is all about because they will soon release the halflife2 beta catalyst driver..

Shockey said:
Ok we see half-life 2 at eb 2003. Then launch date said sept 30th. Then canceled. Then no further news really until eb 2004.

What's eb 2003 and eb 2004?

Valve are running a business?! Oh noes!!11 What a conspiracy!!

Man, you guys really eat up this theory shit eh? I was makin a quick idea for fun :/

This thread is almost as cool as the dingleberry I had yesterday.

Back