n00b needs a severe beating

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Ok I just got PM'ed by some a-hole named hItLaH_gAnGsTaH (the stupid name should have tipped me off) ...didnt know what it was until to my horror I discovered it was info from the leaked dialogue ...why does someone waste their time spreading this crap? wtf what possible joy could it bring him? ...thankfully he's been banned but I'm sure some other n00b will come round to try to spoil it for us ..I mean I havent been in the hl2 discussion forum for months because I was tired of getting so much info on a game I'm really looking forward to.

I know it's next to impossible to stop people from spreading spoilers but damn this is getting out of hand

I got one of those yesterday too. It's annoying, but inevitable I guess.

Never seems to be a shortage of morons out there.

He's been dealt with.

Perm banned

Ouch.

I've been fortunate and haven't gotten anything like that yet.

Is there anything I should look out for when reading my e-mail? Or are these pretty self-explanitory.

Thanks for the heads up.

A True Canadian said:
Ouch.

I've been fortunate and haven't gotten anything like that yet.

Is there anything I should look out for when reading my e-mail? Or are these pretty self-explanitory.

Thanks for the heads up.
Just don't look at PM's from people you don't know.

Turning off email notification for new PMs would also be a good idea. In fact I just turned PMs off completely. I'll turn 'em back on when I've finished the game.

Not like I ever got any in the first place :'(

OK. I just made a seperate e-mail account for this site. That way if any bozo wants to send me something, it will go to the place I won't read.

And I behave, so I don't expect anything from you mods in my PM's either.

A True Canadian said:
OK. I just made a seperate e-mail account for this site. That way if any bozo wants to send me something, it will go to the place I won't read.

And I behave, so I don't expect anything from you mods in my PM's either.
Thats like an invitation to find something you've done wrong since August 03 and warn you on it :p j/k

i just wish banning the little bastards would actually stop this, but it seems they keep it coming.

all those in favor of the new "release all personal info on spoil banned members so we can actually go and deliver a severe beating" policy raise their hands. :)

A good tip is to simply read the very first word slowly.

If it mentions a character or location...

close and delete.

Dougy said:
A good tip is to simply read the very first word slowly.

If it mentions a character or location...

close and delete.

I just wasnt thinking ...I usually get quite a few PM's everything from : "die commie pinko die" from rabid uber patriots to "Stern you babble too much" from mods ..so I wasnt expecting it.

The Dark Elf said:
Thats like an invitation to find something you've done wrong since August 03 and warn you on it :p j/k

Wow, I didn't realize I've been here for a year. Good for me. :thumbs:

Keep up the good work mods. We're counting on you to keep the site clean. :bounce:

they only get satisfaction if you respond to it like this and rant about them. Better just to PM the mods and get them banned.

ACLeroK212 said:
i just wish banning the little bastards would actually stop this, but it seems they keep it coming.

all those in favor of the new "release all personal info on spoil banned members so we can actually go and deliver a severe beating" policy raise their hands. :)

*raises hands and feet*

Just can't seem to understand the fun in ruining the game for people. But there's always someone out there acting like 8 year olds telling you the whole story behind the movie you are just about to watch. :sniper:

Actually, thats an idea. Add it to the terms and conditions that anyone signing up agrees to allow all and any details about them that we can find out them to be posted. Won't stop old members, but people are going to be signing up new accounts to do this.

*Goes to get "spoiler posting newbie beating bat"* ;)

Back