Name my website

Link

Tank
Reaction score
I'm working on a website for clans/ladders type things.

Before anyone starts, yes I know its already been done, but this is HL2 only (And its mods) and I'm mostly working on this to further my knowledge/refresh on PHP.

Anyway, I'm one of those technically minded people who can do anything to a design, but couldn't imagine his way out of a paper bag, as such, I appeal to the imaginative amongst you to come up with a name for the site.

Cheers guys - Link

name it Inanimation and I will be really satisfied.. think about it

Name it "I'm not supposed to advertise without asking for permission."

To be fair, the site is not even live, only on my PC. Besides, if it had been live, how do you know I hadn't asked for permission?

Mods, if this is considered advertising, feel free to remove this.

Rofl...

Anyway, name it statsbase... Or, if we're gonna be creative, BigFlash.com (Taglines: "Flashing the scores of the best players in the world!" "Flashing the scores of tomorrow's players, today!" "Flashing the biggest players on the net" "The board is set, the pieces are moving, want to check the stats?")

SMT said:
Name it "I'm not supposed to advertise without asking for permission."
Or, name it, "He's not actually advertising and the moderators would tell him off if he were" :p

Hmm, I can't think of anything right now, will let you know.

Moved to Off Topic (as not discussing HL2, rather, a related website project)

For my ideas, the taglines could remain but the domainname could be changed to something more attractive. statsflash.com, hl2flash.com (It should be fast to type though, keep that in mind).

What if my name is Jacob (It's not, but lets hear it anyway;))

Cheers for the suggestions guys, far better than anything I have come up with. Statsflash looks interesting, but it won't be a live stats update site, just somewhere to join clans and to challenge others. Results of matches will be recorded, but by the clans themselves.

Clan-flash? Told you I was crap at making up names :)

clanflash.org, or possibly net sounds intresting. Combind that with a remade tagline of mine and you have a winner (Possibly you could have a roatating table of taglines. It gets boring with just one).

You're welcome anyway.

gamefunk.com or SixThree's Foosball Table (.com)

erm,

skillhut
ladderhut
ladderorgy
clanmeet
clancamp
campownage
thehideout
thedugout
multiplayermaddness

Mainly crap, but might get people's creative juices going.

There isn't one, I'm working on the site currently, but its not live yet.

Cheers for all the suggestions guys, appreciated. Keep em coming if you got em.

Chris - ladsclan? Does that stand for something?

Switch - Nice one, cheers.

SixThree said:
gamefunk.com or SixThree's Foosball Table (.com)

gamefunk.com is taken, what do people think of clanfunk.com? I like it anyway...

Back