Need a new headset

Link

Tank
Reaction score
The left ear has just gone in my headset, so I am in need of a replacement. I'm looking for recomendations.

?50 budget
Not particuarly looking for surround sound, although I wouldn't not get a set because it has it.
Don't mind if USB or jacks.
Must have a decent mic built in.
Obviously decent sound, particuarlly the ability to deal with heavy bass. (I love big explosions in games)

To give an idea, my current set is a plantronics gamecom 1, which has served me very well up untill now.

So, anyone recommend a set that meets these requirements? Or, does anyone know of any sites with comparitive reviews of some recent gamer sets?

My brother and I have a sennheiser headset and those work really well. I like them better than the plantronics by a long shot. But they cost more than the plantronics I've had before too. Uses regular headphone and mic connections and plugs into your sound card.

USB ones don't use your sound card. Good if you have crappy built-in sound. Bad if you have a good sound card not getting used.

Would you recommend the specific model you use, or just sennheisers in general?

I have the Icemat Siberia headset (Older version of the SteelSeries I believe), and I love it. It's very comfortable.

I have a USB Sennheiser and the sound is quite good through the adapter.

check out the sennheiser PC series. The best headsets on the market!!!

I recently (as in yesterday) bought me a Sennheiser HD280 Pro. Haven't recieved it yet but it was after a lot of searching around and listening to people who know what they're talking about.

Although it's probably not your kinda thing, as it's mainly a music headphone (no microphone, for isntance), I'm using mine for music and occasional gaming.
I did read that 'surround sound' headphones aren't actually ever very good because the space between the drivers will cause confusion. Other than that, they're pretty expensive. My old pair were a pair of Sennheiser PC160's and they worked well... 'Till they broke. And they're not exactly built for comfort.

Back