Need advice.

Which?

• Total voters

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Basically, I have military conscription in a couple of years time. You can choose which branch and where you want to get stationed, iirc. So, what do you think that I should join? Please vote and state your reasons (this is important as I'm trying to do a kinda-ROTC like program and go career military). Thank you. :D

Don't they have recruitment stations over there?

You should read the pamphlets. :D

xlucidx said:
Don't they have recruitment stations over there?

You should read the pamphlets. :D
Its mandatory.

Ok.

Depends on what your natural aptitude is focused to.

Excellent with math, etc? Try the Air Force.

In TOP physical shape? Go Marines.

Interested in perhaps a career in criminal justice/legal system after your service? Go Combat Police.

Relate this service to what you want to do so that you can make it useful not only for your nation but for you!

I'd say you should go with the police. You might get a few bumps and bruises, but at least you're a lot less likely to die, right?

Mechanized infantry sounds cool. I assume that it essentially entails fighting forces of evil, using enormous mechs. I base this on absolutely nothing.

Elude and Evade.

...Which might be the same thing...

Probably Marines or Mechanized Infantry.

RakuraiTenjin said:
Depends on what your natural aptitude is focused to.

Excellent with math, etc? Try the Air Force.

In TOP physical shape? Go Marines.

Interested in perhaps a career in criminal justice/legal system after your service? Go Combat Police.

Relate this service to what you want to do so that you can make it useful not only for your nation but for you!

Great advice, thanks.

I'd say you should go with the police. You might get a few bumps and bruises, but at least you're a lot less likely to die, right?

Army GP (In case of war) Average survival time: 5 ~ 10 minutes.
Combat Police: Average times getting stabbed in the foot in 6 months 40 ~ 90.

I guess...

Mechanized infantry sounds cool. I assume that it essentially entails fighting forces of evil, using enormous mechs. I base this on absolutely nothing.

:LOL: Think APCs with Infantry.

DreadLord1337 said:
Strike At Karkand?

Sounds like shit.

I'm just hoping that bf2's infantry warfare isn't anything like real life.:p

If it were my choice, I'd pick mech infantry.... you guys have those big walking robot suits, right?

15357 said:
I'm just hoping that bf2's infantry warfare isn't anything like real life.:p

What.. Grenades, claymores, and APCs only? Nah, I'm sure the RL is much more realistic.

Advice: Don't TK people for choppers.

If you don't join the Army as a footsoldier, you will lose your chest hair. I warned you!

wow, they conscript you and then give you a choice of where you want to go? I guess they have to do that to make it more desirable, heck if you're going to force someone to join the military you might as well let them pick where they want to fight and die.

Frontline army is probably not a good choice unless you like that kind of thing. Personally I would be morally opposed to joining the combat police (it's kind of like combine metrocops) I would go mechanized infantry or something else where you are driving a big armored vehicle, but not on a convoy, because convoys get bombed without notice.

So...join a tank crew?

I think this system should be implemented in all countries. A few years in the military makes you a much better and stronger person.

Combat Police. Be sure to add a battery to give your baton that "shock factor".

Had a talk with my dad.

Dad: "It is your duty as a son of this nation to be conscripted!"

Dad: "And don't go Combat Police, you'll be beaten up everyday by these communist bastards."

That eliminates the bottom two.......

I'm kinda leaning towards the idea of being a CO in a Guard Post in the front. Sure, highest mortality rate, in case of N. Korean artys, extremely short life span, but it'll be fun. :)

15357 said:
I'm kinda leaning towards the idea of being a CO in a Guard Post in the front. Sure, highest mortality rate, in case of N. Korean artys, extremely short life span, but it'll be fun. :)

You've got more chance of surviving comfortably for your term on the frontline of a DMZ that might errupt into war, rather than the rear echelons where there will be violence

bliink said:
You've got more chance of surviving comfortably for your term on the frontline of a DMZ that might errupt into war, rather than the rear echelons where there will be violence

Exactly. :D

Knowing korea has lots of riots, i would sign up as a riot police.

ktimekiller said:
Knowing korea has lots of riots, i would sign up as a riot police.
I'd imagine that'd be a reason not to sign up for riot police...

Escape to the US of A and hang with us US HL2.neters.

Actually, not sure...kind of a toughy.

Go for the frontline, Numbers. Make sure you get 'net access, though.

CyberPitz said:
Escape to the US of A and hang with us US HL2.neters.

Actually, not sure...kind of a toughy.
All the good ones are over here. (including most of the staff IIRC)

I have compulsory military service in three and a half years and I'm just planning to flee.

JellyWorld said:
I have compulsory military service in three and a half years and I'm just planning to flee.

TRAITOR TO THE FREE WORLD! :p

I have my passport suspended, so almost no chance of escape.

15357 said:
TRAITOR TO THE FREE WORLD! :p

Passport suspended why now?

Were you that guy who claimed there was a bomb on the plane to delay the flight? ^_-

Frontlines, the likely hood of the war starting again is very slim

I voted Evade and escape to another country, being branded as a traitor for the rest of my life but since you prolly are going, I'd say Mechanised Infantry.

I think combat police would be the least safe, riots are a lot more common then wars.

ríomhaire said:
All the good ones are over here. (including most of the staff IIRC)

Yeah this site has an impossible ratio of UK/Ireland'ers to US. It's really quite strange.

considering most of us have no military experience you are asking the wrong people

15357 said:

Heh, you're forbidden from going abroad due to you being a football hooligan?

I'd love to be a riot policemen if I was on the side of good and fighting nazis.

Back