Need for Speed: Canonball run

bigpapa400lb

Reaction score
I remember when need for speed games were just like cannonball runs(point-to-point races).
Need for speed franchise should go back to its roots. Only NFS:SE NFS III ,Hot Pursuit ,NFS High Stakes amd Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed (PC Version) were the best ones imo.
Hopefully Criterion Games can bring it back (rumor)

I remember when need for speed games were just like cannonball runs(point-to-point races).
Need for speed franchise should go back to its roots. Only NFS:SE NFS III ,Hot Pursuit ,NFS High Stakes amd Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed (PC Version) were the best ones imo.

I remember the first NFS game on the 3do that game was incredible back then, cannonball runs FTW

While that sounds like a potentially awesome development, Criterion aren't exactly strangers to open-world racers any more (to the detriment of the Burnout franchise, IMO).

yeah

enough whit the "STREET YO!1!1" thing

Hot Pursuit was some of the most fun I have ever had driving on the PC. Hot Pursuit II was great as well.

I'm extremely partial to Most Wanted...game was very fun.

Anyone remember the hidden level on Need for Speed on the N64? The underground playground? Best racing times ever

NFSII: SE > all shitty sequels

I'm extremely partial to Most Wanted...game was very fun.
Same here, because it actually used the open-world idea to good effect. The free-roaming parts were mostly optional, and made the cop chases a lot more fun. Courses were linear chunks of the city cordoned off for races, but since they were still part of the same city you roamed around in outside of races, you could actually get familiar with them just by driving around. It's one of the only open-world racers that did it right IMO, unlike something like Burnout Paradise which let's you "create your own course," which just makes every single race as bland as the last.

My favourite is still High Stakes, though. Great cars, excellent campaign mode, sweet courses, and if I remember correctly it had a multiplayer mode where you could play cops and criminals, or both criminals, or (most fun of all) both cops. Unless I'm thinking of another one.

Back