Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit.... hey, wait right there, come back! Please?

Reginald

Reaction score
Normally a new Need for Speed game would drift by me on a raft of apathy, wrapped in a blanket of indifference, along a river of ennui, but this new ones is being developed by Criterion Games.

That's the makers of Burnout 1, 2, 3, Revenge and Paradise. Arguably 5 of the best racing games of the past 10 years.

Hence, this new Need for Speed game has a good pedigree. Especially as Hot Pursuit 2 was the last good Need for Speed game, way back in 2002.

500x_nfspursuit.jpg

"Our goal has been to create cops vs. racers pursuits that are so fun, fast and exciting it really brings to life the adrenaline and intensity of the high speed cop pursuit experience with your friends."

Apparently the game features slow-mo crashes like Burnout. If they can pull this off with the polish and fun of Burnout and combine it with the adrenaline in a massive police chase in GTA, we could be onto something.

cool
this could be enough to get me back into NFS
criterion are great devs and really know how to support their games (see Paradise)

Oh Hot Pursuit 2.

I used to play that game with my grandfather.

Back when video games were fun.

Most Wanted wasn't bad I thought, just got a little too repetitive.

i played the hell out of the first Hot Pursuit, that game was great. im pretty meh towards most racing games but this looks like it'll be ace

Most Wanted was fun and I have Hot Pursuit on Gamecube. >.>

My favourite NFS game and my favourite racing game developer? YES PLEASE.

Hmm. Gameplay looked a bit uninspiring. Didn't seem to be challenging for either party. Sure, poor driving on the part of the most wanted guy caused him to lose, but if he'd been driving well there would have been very few things in his way.

I'm sure it was more of a graphical demo than a gameplay one though.

I'd love a new Burnout with them graphics.

And to name a new NFS Hot Pursuit means they have to be onto something. The original was legendary.

I agree that NFS Hot Pursuit 2 was the last good game in the series, and will definitely keep an eye on this. My only complaint from the gameplay video is that it didn't seem to have the great electronic music older NFS games used to have.

Loved HP2. Excited about the new game. But that gameplay video was really, really bland. Reminded me of Chase HQ.

Back