need help

hoboman

Reaction score
I was planning to buy a radeon 9800se with 128mb. i didn't know if i should or not, my brother told me that i should use the nvidia geforce 2 mx with his gigabyte motherboard( it says k7 triton 400 series or something like that) and it should do good. Basically i don't know what's the problem. I know that my computer will be amazingly slow when i play hl2, But i want to find out if it's my video card or it's just that i should start playing games in my brother's computer.

yeah

and dont get the 9800se :|

get a 9800 or a pro

or better yet, wait it out for a 6600 AGP

DON'T BUY AN 'SE' These are the worst vid cards, they cut the performance in half. The GeForce 2 MX will do worse though. What is your comp now, and what is your brothers.

Again, metalhead in ever post you have to mention the 6600.. STFU

Subatomic said:
Again, metalhead in ever post you have to mention the 6600.. STFU

Sorry to break it to you but the 6600GT is awesome and better than the 9800 pro.

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040907/index.html

However ATi has a chance to take care of this quickly if the X700 is any good. ATi dropped the price from $250 to $200 so it can compete with the 6600GT, when it comes out we'll see.

hehe

iight pplz well my cpu specs...hmm.let's see, intel pentium 2 1.70 ghz, and 256 mf of ram
my brothers...hmm.... amd athlon xp 1.54 ghz and also 256 mb of ram.
also i just remembered that my motherboard will have no space for such a huge ass video card like radeon, with that fan and all, becuz all the sound, video and network cards are all piled together, any ideas on that?
btw didn't expect replies to come back to quik :LOL:

Get a new computer, man.

EDIT: haha, what happened to Sonduren, he got banned... He was a funny and uninformed little munchkin

Back