Need suggestion on graphic cards

C

Cosmos

I plan to to upgrade my video card. I recently visited ATI website and they have a special promotoion going on where when you 9800 or 9600 xt series, you will receive Half-Life 2 free. Basically, can you suggest me what cards to go with? Also, for what reason? I have interesting in 9600 XT since the price is about $200 and other things... But what would you recommend me for the new card?

It all depends on how deep your pockets are.

I recommend that you buy an integrated graphics card.

i have a gf2mx 440 64MB card, whats wrong with that.

At least it will tun HL2

Seriously tho if your rich and you want bundled hl2 go for the 9800XT if your financially adequate go for the 9600XT, if you financially inadequate your screwed.

If you don't want the bundle I'd recommend the 9800 pro.

if your financially inadequate i'd go with the geforce 4 4200 or justa ATI 9600...if you can find one

Originally posted by obsidian
i have a gf2mx 440 64MB card, whats wrong with that.

At least it will tun HL2

I actually have a 9600PRO 128MB card, but i did have that gf2 2weeks ago. Geez it sucked.

If u got the money get the 9800xt!!

Does anyone know if the HL2 thats bundled in the 9800xt will have SP and MP?

Originally posted by zdub
noones knows yet

While gramatically incorrect, contextually perfect....nobody really knows. All we know is what we are being fed by the same ppl that are either making, producing or supporting the game. We shall see when it is released. Will that be after NVidia has caught up? Or ?

Once again, being the eternal optomist, I hope for Nov. 15.

Originally posted by MooCow
Seriously tho if your rich and you want bundled hl2 go for the 9800XT if your financially adequate go for the 9600XT, if you financially inadequate your screwed.

If you don't want the bundle I'd recommend the 9800 pro.

9600 XT comes with the bundled Half-Life 2

Which way is better?

Go with the bundle?

or

Go with 9800 Pro?

Also, does the difference between 4 pipe and 8 pipe have big gap?

HUGE difference in 4 and 8 pipe.

Go for the XT, it's the same price as the 9800 Pro 256 MB, but better.

(If you can afford it.)

If not, go fo the bundled 9600 XT.

about 20 to 30% the same as the price difference really

Back