Neglect of 'casual' gamers?

Um there are plenty of casual gamers and they get plenty of attention.

Just about every SP game is for the "casual" gamer... And there sure are lots of those. The only things that arent for the casual gamer is MMORPGs.

Sidenote: EA only caters dummy gamers :p

So....casual gamers play boring games is all I got outa that.

The consoles have an obscene amount of games made for the casual gamer. The PC gaming scene is a bit harder to get into, and has games which appeal to the more hardcore audience. Everyone I knew in school was a gamer of some sort (99% were casual) and they played Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City, as well as a whole slew of sports games, regularly. The console market really caters to the casual gamer quite well (that's not to say it's exclusive to the casual gamer, it is not)

Dalamari said:
Boring??? BORING?!?! HAVE YOU EVER SPENT 30 REAL TIME MINUTES WATCHING TWO ARMIES MANOUVRE FOR BEST POSITION IN MEDIEVAL?!?!?! ITS THE MOST NERVWRECKING THING YOU'VE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!

Bah!!!

Sidenote: You want to get really casual, this is my advise:

Postal 2
Additional mod with bullet time
(nude skins optional)
Moonwalk cheat, ie low gravity
Infinite ammo
Grenades as primary weapon of choice (Gas can and matches as secondary)
->
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaasual fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun...

Dalamari said:

got it in one

basicly, all the games that are taken after movies are cheaply and quickly made, and suck major ball-age.

name any movie with a game and you will see what i mean

especially all the ones based on childrens movies, it's horrible the way they use explotation of children to make them buy crap games that cost less than a burger to make. these kids dont know any better than to buy their 'scooby doo goes to china' games ect.
this is also true for all of the marvel films aswell.
its only because its named after the film. eg, spiderman 2.
if you made a game with exactly the same crap graphics and dynamics as SM2, except not based on spiderman. i swear to god it would have sold second to nothing.
same with the rest of them im just giving an example.

Aliens vs Predator (based on both the aliens series and the predator series)
War of the Ring

HunterSeeker said:
Aliens vs Predator (based on both the aliens series and the predator series)
War of the Ring

Riddick.
Spiderman 2.
There are some good ones, but not much.

Alien vs. Predator isn't based on a movie, the movie is based on it.

Geno said:
Alien vs. Predator isn't based on a movie, the movie is based on it.

Yeah, but both the AVP games and movie are based on the seperate movies Alien and Predator. :p

Boo.

This basically souns to me like they want to cram more shitty and rushed licenses down our throats, in order to grab more money.

Back