Skin by Retleks.

Priest Suppressed Assault Rifle:
priest_01.jpg

priest_02.jpg

Credits:
Model by Grey.
Skin by pushBAK.

Hope you enjoy :)

They all look exellent, htough the head skin for the plyae rlooks a bit odd.....

Hey Sidewinder :). In what way is it odd?

that is amazing, the weapon models are really f****ing great
like the first reply said, the model head doesn't really fit the rest of it, it's like a really cool model (head also) but the skin on the head isn't that nice, i know you want to make it anime perhaps, but still, i would try and make it a bit more realistic, exspecially the eyes need some work, the mouth + nose are cool.
my 2 cents

Very nice models. However, I agree that the eyes look really strange. They appear to be perfectly round instead of almond shaped. Takes away from the realism.

They are cool. I like the eyes, makes him look cold and mechanical. Kind of like he's human, but has the soul of a machine. ;-)

I would exagerate the eyes more, right now they just look like small round little tubey things, and they might not be very noticable in game.. they also seem rather limiting, looks like they can't even have any motion, they look like they are focused straight ahead, that might not be practical.. I would somehow increase the robotic-ness in the eyes and sockets and give it a more solid/hightech look, a robot (im assuming its some sort of robot) that is advanced enough to act like a human should have eyes that look more advanced then what you have currently.. it just doesn't make sense the way it is now.. everything else seems alright.. maybe the pants could be less baggy, but that could be more of a style thing..

the backpouch

the backpouch looks...odd. Okay so hes this super-cool cyborg soldier, and he has a big ass. You might want to move some of the packs to the upper back area. But beyond that, fantastic work. Are these skinned models of the work grey originally did, or were new models created as well?

Hehe when I said I was gonna post pics of this model, I was told we'd get flak for the eyes hehe. It's subjective I guess :D.

The guns, aside from the shotgun, have been around quite a while, so Cerberus - yeap. I've modeled a crap load of weapons. Some we'll use, some we won't. We also have complete first person animation sets done for these two pictured here, plus the SD11 and shotgun.

the weapons, no question, they look great. I like the showoff scene pics, nice idea with those :)

But yeah I gotta agree with Sidewinder about the head, you can have a lot more poly's this time round and the head does need them, unless its a multiplayer model then you'll be a bit more limited for polys but yeah his head wants to be smoother just a bit

Looking great though :)

weapons great...

but give that poor guy a smaller ass and some eyeballs

right now it looks like he will be constantly teased by his fellow teammates for having such a large ass and flat eyes.

Use some head modeling techniques, and make eyeballs, not just a mesh "pretending to be an eyeball", but a reall eye BALL.

This is like renders should look like, something in the background!

Very nice with some color on the weapons.

Keep it up!

(good renders makes me wanna release my renders.. but i cant)

Originally posted by Grey
Hey Sidewinder :). In what way is it odd?

Well, other than not being smoothed so well, which i don't mind, the shading looks wired (the dark patches) and the head seems too tall.

the fingers look odd as well. They're too long and squarish. Naturally, that can be solved. While the head is obviously anatomically incorrect (height-wise and chin), we're not all doctors, so nvm that.
Though you can always make the excuse that he isn't exactly "human" ;) Yes, a real "eyeball" would be great, but of course challenging.

The weapons are great, no complaints there

This looks like a quality mod.

the only thing that looks wrong is that guys head.

Everything looks awesome , except that guys face. It looks awkward.

Very nice stuff. I'm a big fan of Masamune Shirow so this is something I'm looking forward to.

Anable said:
Very nice stuff. I'm a big fan of Masamune Shirow so this is something I'm looking forward to.

The core of the team are all huge Shirow fans. Our aim is to capture the spirit of his work like GITS w/o being a rip off.

Have you seen Jin-Rô from Hiroyuki Okiura? It's not as good as Ghost in my opinion but it's still a worth while watch because of it's setting. Hiroyuki Okiura helped direct the Cowboy Bebop movie if that makes anyone more interested.

This mod looks very promising indeed. I'll be excited to hear when it's released. I like the setting, the weapon models are simply awesome, and I like the style of the characters, for instance the bags on the guy's lower back/ass, that's a great idea. The eyes look creepy, may need a little work like stated above, but don't spoil their creepiness!! Also from what i've seen on the site, the assault vehicle (the tall one with 4 wheels), and that dropship with claws are just stunningly great. Can't wait to see them skinned!! Keep up the work, keep us informed of any updates, and I can tell you one thing: your mod is going to be hugely popular.

Back