Neotokyo WIP Sniper Rifle

Grey

Reaction score
Here's the 'Neotokyo' take on the traditional sniper rifle. I'm having some problems with smoothing groups :dozey:

ss02.jpg

ss03.jpg

~2400 Triangles.

I know it doesn't look very advanced as is. Although, I think once it's skinned how I'm thinking, it should fit right in.

I am struggling to see where 2400 polygons are hiding there, but you could lower it by removing the lens area on the front of the scope, unless you have plans for it.

ss03a.jpg

Perhaps you could use the polygons saved from welding those areas to round the trigger guard a little bit more.

Reguardless, it's a nice looking model.

The scope once triangulated is ~1000 triangles :/.

I left the trigger guard angular on purpose, I'll see how it looks rounded though and clean up the unneeded faces on the body.

Thanks.

Ok I welded some faces, and added some like suggested to the trigger guard and I added a few to the grip to help with my smoothing group problem(which I think I have fixed now). here's how she looks currently:

ss04.jpg

ss05.jpg

ss06.jpg

the end barrel needs to be larger. Also add an end onto it, u know those muzzel flash thingys. Would look nice then. The actual rifle has no need for a bipod because its not long. Hense give it a larger thicker beasty barrel.

Next time I load the model up I'll play with the barrel. See the thing is it's kind of the counter-point to this:

M00_01.jpg

Which reminds me I need to finish that bad boy hehe.

i dontk now if this is a dumb thing or not but wherre is the cocking system ? i mean u know that thing that u pull back to load the next bullet so far on the first gun i only see a ejection unit or is it automatic?

It's combined with the ejector like a AK47 for instance...

I had a semi-auto AK47 a good bit ago, it's not the best place for it. On the other hand it's part of what makes the AK47 design as simple/good as it is.

For a sniper rifle, I figure it's less of an issue than for a assault rifle.

hey could u pm ur email i need to know a couple of things bout the ak if u dont mind?

Back