New AMDs

Pressure

Reaction score
I read on another site that this is the road map for AMDs new line of processors.

AMD Athlon 64 4200+ @ 2.60 GHz 90nm w/ 512k L2 cache (Winchester Core) Q1 of 2005
AMD Athlon 64 4400+ @ 2.80 GHz 90nm w/ 512k L2 cache (Winchester Core) Q2 of 2005
AMD Athlon 64 FX-57 @ 2.80 GHz 90nm w/ 1MB L2 cache (San Diego Core) Q2 of 2005
AMD Athlon 64 FX-59 @ 3.00 GHz 90nm w/ 1MB L2 cache (San Diego Core) Q3 of 2005
AMD Athlon 64 FX-61 @ 3.20 GHz 90nm w/ 1MB L2 cache (San Diego Core) Q4 of 2005
AMD Athlon 64 FX-63 Dual Core @ 2.20+ GHz per/core w/ 90nm w/ 2MB L2 cache (Toledo Core) Q2 of 2005
AMD Opteron Dual Core @ 2.20+ GHz per/core w/ 90nm w/ 2MB L2 cache (Toledo Core) Q2 of 2005

Anyone know if it's true

The information in regards to the core architecture looks accurate to me but the time slace on some of them looks a little off. Afaik the toledo core isn't due until late Q3 at the earliest... What site was this information from???

i would think that they would only cost a littl more, there meant to replace the single a64's and such, just as the 939's did the 745's

MiccyNarc said:
The dual core probably costs both my arms and legs.

Don't forget that you have to remorgage your house in addition to that.

I don't think it's true because do you really think they would release FOUR FX's during the span of 2005? After all once they only have one FX made at a time, once a new one comes out the older one is no longer made. So I find it hard to believe that we will see four Athlon FX's come out during 2005, that would mean each of them would have a pretty short time being made until the next one comes out.

what socket is this going to be? and i am going with bosox on this one...what would be the point of releasing them so close to the other ones...

MiccyNarc said:
The dual core probably costs both my arms and legs.
*gets his chainsaw*

I have dibs on the arms.

Anyone know what kind of compatabilit issues Dual-Cores will have? Like, will game developers have to work around it, or will they mainly just work like a normal processor, so devs dont have to make special code?

WhiteZero said:
Anyone know what kind of compatabilit issues Dual-Cores will have? Like, will game developers have to work around it, or will they mainly just work like a normal processor, so devs dont have to make special code?

They will more than likely work like a dual CPU system. And I severely doubt the authenticity of these roadmaps because they're on a geocities site. Anyone could make any claim and publish it on geocities...

Back