New Anti-Cheat system?

ray_MAN

Tank
Reaction score
Will this new version of CS featurea a new anti-cheat system? The one right now is merely OK. I still see scumbags cheating. :frown: It makes me want to cry.
/me cries ;(

Well, there's going to be a lot of changes seeing how it's on a new engine :) I'm sure the engine is built to be better protected against all the exploits that were available for the original. Valve have been combating these cheats for a long time and I'm sure it's going to be difficult for 'hackers' to exploit this new engine and it’s anti-cheat software.

Unfortunately, prepare to face the cheaters again. While I do believe Valve writes superior protection code, no system is flawless (believe me, I sincerely hope they can prove me wrong :)).

Well let them cheat, at least it means the that other mods should be "clean"

I hope they do something where if they catch you cheating while using Steam that they will lock you out of entering the game for a little while, repeat too many times and get a permanent lock out of multiplayer.

The Mullinator said:
I hope they do something where if they catch you cheating while using Steam that they will lock you out of entering the game for a little while, repeat too many times and get a permanent lock out of multiplayer.

Er, VAC already does that, it used to be a 5 year ban.. it's less now, can't remember how long though

one problem with all these lovely gfx and other wonderful things that i my self will be looking forward to. i cant help think that there will be those out there who will turn off all the detail etc.. all of the fancy effects to gain an advantage over those of us running in full technicolour.
and as for cheaters i believe that they will have put alot of effort into making it alot more secure but as they dude above says. no system is perfect. and i fear it will mearly be a matter of days before they surface, but never fear the ban key shall be near ;)

Or we could just invest in a bunch of crowbars and make house calls.. ?

you can get a permanent ban if you cheat more after one year.

crowbar sounds the best plan ;) they need to target the poeple who are creating the cheats. (with the crowbars ;) )

phat-ant said:
one problem with all these lovely gfx and other wonderful things that i my self will be looking forward to. i cant help think that there will be those out there who will turn off all the detail etc.. all of the fancy effects to gain an advantage over those of us running in full technicolour.
and as for cheaters i believe that they will have put alot of effort into making it alot more secure but as they dude above says. no system is perfect. and i fear it will mearly be a matter of days before they surface, but never fear the ban key shall be near ;)
Some people are all about performance and some are all about making their game look pretty.

phat-ant said:
there is no advantage if your rig runs it all turned up like a breeze regardless..

damn them all, UPGRADE!! UPGRADE YE LAZY WHELPS

jk ;)

Dont give cheaters a second chance just permantly ban them. Make em buy a new cd key. Maybe they will learn. Then again maybee they wont. Cheater's are cheaters.

TBH the # of cheaters has dropped a lot. I haven't seen one in about 5 months

blackeye said:
Dont give cheaters a second chance just permantly ban them. Make em buy a new cd key. Maybe they will learn. Then again maybee they wont. Cheater's are cheaters.

And i ****ING!!! hate them.

ray_MAN said:
Will this new version of CS featurea a new anti-cheat system? The one right now is merely OK. I still see scumbags cheating. :frown: It makes me want to cry.
/me cries ;(

It will be a new VAC, but it will be implemented in the same way. They can't use the current one for HL2 and CS:S etc, because they use different engines, and thus have their hax written differently, and need to be detected in different ways. So it will be a new VAC, but still exactly the same in the was it will be used as the current one.

tommie said:
TBH the # of cheaters has dropped a lot. I haven't seen one in about 5 months

its true... everyone says theres still loads of cheaters, but do u see the ones that get banned? .. no. Their banned before they even hit the servers (if there cheat is out of date) and then they have to either wait a year (like anyones gonna wait that long.. realisticly. I've known 2 people get banned and buy hl the next day ;p and never cheat again) or buy a new copy.

ray_MAN said:
/me cries ;(

well... some of those scumbags you say are cheating sometimes may not. There are hundreds of people being accused of being a cheater in CS. However most of them do not. Its just most of the CS players just simply suck

Back