New BINK Released

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Continuing the gentle trickle of BINK videos sneaking out of the wood works over the last few weeks, EuroGamer has been given an exclusive. Here's a quote from their small article on the BINK video:
The "Coast" video weighs in at 164MB and is available over our BitTorrent-based Eurofiles service from here. For those who haven't seen a shakycam version of it, it has Gordon powering along gorgeous but eerily abandoned beaches in a buggy, before tackling enemies both alien and of the gun-toting oppression-enforcement variety. The Coast vid is also home to a rather enjoyable set piece involving a crane. All in all well worth downloading.
In my opinion, this is certainly one of the better HL2 scenes shown at this year's E3 in May. Unfortunately at this time there is only one torrent active, with only one seed so you'll have a hard job downloading it at decent speeds for now. To whet your appetities, here are some screenshots:[br]<span align="center"></span>[br]You can read the full article at EuroGamer here.[br]
[br]
You can go straight to the download page here.[br]
[br]
Special thanks goes to our forum member, Concept, for providing the original information and some screenshots

cool, bittorrents a bit slow so screens are good.

bittorrent can be fast , just a shame many people set the upload to only 10k instead of full upload like i do .

smacky said:
bittorrent can be fast , just a shame many people set the upload to only 10k instead of full upload like i do .
Well it's all relative.

The more you upload, the more it lets you download. So if they're only uploading 10k, then it's likely their download speed is even lower.

cool, DLing now, gonna be a while, but I hope its worth it, what footage exactly is it, i don't want to be downloading something I've already seen :(

It's from E3 2004 so you've probably seen it, but it's the first time you'd have seen it in BINK format so definitely worth it.

You start off in the buggy and there's antlions attacking you. You own the antlions and climb up some steps and start being attacked by combine. One throws a grenade at you then you throw it back at him with the manipulator.

Later on you get the RPG and shoot it at a combine on top of a crane about 200 meters away from you and he goes hurtling through the air.

After that you board the crane, use it to pick up a container and drop it on some combine heads.

smacky said:

Uploading at 60kB/s =)

Fork sake. I hate torrents. Downlaod speed of 1.1kb/sec. GG!

Uploading at 30kb/sec - downloading at 3kb/sec. I am annoyed. Free up your bandwidth yer tight gits.

well to be a sport, im taking advantage of my T3 connection. I generally upload bittorrents at 200 to 300 kb/s or more. So enjoy that everybody, I'll leave my seed open for some time.

OK, thanks but im too lazy to download. :naughty:

KIDDING :O

/me shakes fist angrily at BitTorrent.

;(

Oh dear, they released a BINK, probably to cover up another delay :)

Just kidding, it's a fun scene to watch, so download it already!

damn I hate using bit torrent, does anybody who has downloaded it already wanna host it somewhere for us mere mortals to download. or are there any other sites at the moment districuting this bink. Ive got all the binks so far so I really need this one. :sniper:

lovley movie, too bad the quality isnt the best :/

aaaaaaaaaaargh give me HL2 now :'(

I dont know whats wrong with you whiners, downloading torrent 100kt/s :)

I just finished watching It and the ending is great.

This is the best bink yet.

And just to point out the "crappy shadows" although it doesnt really bother me that much....when the crane is holding the big box you can see the circle shadow and the shadow of the rectangle.

B.Calhoun said:

And just to point out the "crappy shadows" although it doesnt really bother me that much....when the crane is holding the big box you can see the circle shadow and the shadow of the rectangle.

They eliminated the bug where the boxes were shown through the crate though so I concider the shadows better.

Torrent was too painfully slow. I grabbed it from 3dgamers and it downloaded in like 10 minutes. Would have taken an estimated 3 hours with bit torrent!

Hehe that extra 3 seconds of footage at the end was funny :)

B.Calhoun said:

I like the couple of added seconds though, cool that he picks up a combine(probably his weapon) with the crane

Hey guys, I got the exe, its not in bink format. How'd you guys get this thing to work?

Calhoun said:
They eliminated the bug where the boxes were shown through the crate though so I concider the shadows better.

Doesn't look that way to me. When he first picks up the container off the ground, you can see shadows being cast by objects that are inside the container. They fade away when he lifts the container higher, but they shouldn't be there in the first place.

n/m my last post, i guess the file is corrupt on quicksilver... im dling off 3D Gammers, that file works...

love the rocket scene. the way that guy just flies through the air...rofl...and that magnum/revolver is sweet.

and the use of the environment to take out enemies....roll on november.

Envi_81 said:
n/m my last post, i guess the file is corrupt on quicksilver... im dling off 3D Gammers, that file works...

just finished the quicksilver d/l and watched the bink. awsome footage. bink not corrupt. :imu:

Getting a steady 211kb/sec from gamershell.com

Incase anybody is still struggling :)

Back