New driver bugs....

J

jackal

OK guys ive posted this before and no help.... any help would be greatly appreciated, im no idiot i know how to install drivers.... Luckily i use system restore cuz im always tweakin things and whatnot. Ok, well i have the 4.8's installed well the 9's came out and i dl and installed, rebooted and windows lagged like crazy (pressing the start button seemed like it was freakin calculating some kinda einstein equation) and none of my games would start it come up all these errors about files(part of the drivers missing) i restored to the 4.8's and everything is fine again... well now the 4.10 came out i dl and tryed the omegas, dnas, cat's and same results as the first time. I didnt spend this much on a system to sit on the same drivers when they seem to be causing problems too (the text in doom 3 is unreadable but it still blazes it) ive dl about 50 sets of drivers and it just wont work.... if u cant help, a reference to a forum with people that is active and could maybe provide me with some help would be ok, thanks for ur time

when switching drivers make sure to do this:

-uninstall display driver
-reboot into safe mode
-run drivercleaner and clean ATI 2 times. clean ATI WDM 2 times.
-reboot
-install new driver.

Once again, no offence ive tried that. Tried it again had to restore again. It will boot into windows with new drivers with resolution back to 1280 1024 but it lags like the video card is not even workin. Some of the icons on my desktop even changed like the steam symbol was on the shortcut to drivercleaner.... i tried to start doom 3 open gl files not there or somethin and it said among other things video card not supported and or drivers not supporting.. i did dxdiag u cant even test direct 3d cuz it doesnt show the files im freakin pissed just could someone point me in the right direction

alright. well im just mentioning things you haven't mentioned just in case.

-install directx 9.0c(again if not already)
-delete monitor from device manager
-delete video card from device manager
-do the driver switch routine again but install the driver for your monitor if there is one, and try the 8.07 catalyst betas from guru3d.com, they've worked well for me.

Don't leave the ATI or Nvidia folder there in the C: drive with driver cache from the previous install. It will find them. :O

i used the driver cleaner stuff it deleted every trace of ati

Just a helpful tip - and I'm sure you know, but others may not...try very hard to NEVER use system restore. It can cause a host of problems and is a haven for old viruses/spyware as it cannot be cleaned by many of today's scanners.

if i hadnt have used i wouldnt have a playable pc right now.... somethin is messed up and yes ive done everything u poseyjmac i guess my only option is to reformat and that is gonna be an ass and i really wish i could just fix it

in case you still have problem
go to start -> run -> dxdiag go to display tab see if all is on
if not try to turn it on

else find driver cleaner google it
and clean drivers and reinstall

you could try windows repair or just do a windows installation over your current one so you dont have to format. or maybe check your temps.

everything is turned on as of right now but everytime i install a new driver its like the driver is not even installed u wouldnt believe the lag even in a windows environment

psey how do u do windows repair? and the windows installation over this one how does that work... like with my service packs and whatnot and will it take up that much more space on my hdd

Back