New Dystopia Testing Screens Released

Kangy

Reaction score
The rather gorgeous Dystopia mod team recently held a play testing session, and took a set of 7 screenshots that showcase some of the development progress made so far. You may remember Dystopia as the first modification for Half-Life 2 to be compiled and tested over Steam.

"Dystopia places the player into tense combat situations in a high tech world spanned by computer networks. As either Punks or Corp Mercenaries the player will fight through the physical world to gain access, via jack-in terminals, to cyberspace. Cyberspace is a three dimensional representation of the world's network. Inside cyberspace players will launch programs to hack into systems linked to the physical world, fight off enemy hackers or defend critical systems. Gameplay progresses through inter-linked physical and cyberspace objectives, some are completed in either the physical world or cyberspace, others only by a well timed combination of the two."

Enjoy![br]

[br]The full set of screenshots is available here at the Dystopia website.

Give him a break, its the first time he's posted news with pics.

Something about the uploading borked. :<

Anyway, sorry about that x_x

I like the screens, can't say I'm too into that radar but looking cool none the less :)

The screens in the newspost here still don't work but you have to visit the mediasection on their site anyway. It looks very nice and they have made a cool HUD too, especially the radar which you can see in the upper right corner of this screen

That mod is already looking very impressive. They've got a lot of the skins, models, and weapons already thrown in it seems, and their implants idea will add a load of tactical playability to the game.
If you look at the two "dys_thermal_on" and "dys_thermal_off" Pictures, you'll note one player has stealth and is sitting on the roof. You can only see him with thermal sight. How cool is that?

I'm really looking forward to this mod now - It will be brilliant!
-Dekstar

The HUD seems very cramped. Other than that, it looks great!

ooh this is looking very cool :)
good to see there has been alot of progress here

Yea menu does look fairly bulky :\

Otherwise it seems they are making good progress :)

this one sounds pretty cool. hopefully it all comes together.

its early early beta, like with cs beta...it looked more like ut

I image that the menu is more about functionality at the moment, then it will be refined in the future.

Cheers,
bbyybb.

I love the 3d radar. That's something I've always wanted in my fps games, but you never find anything like it anywhere but things like arcade space sims (Wing Commander, X-Wing, etc.)

That's a very intrusive HUD. Hope they can clear it up.

The HUD in those screenshots is a silighty modified HL2 hud, which will be replaced with our very own dystopia hud before we release (of course).

Back