New gameplay modes?

coolcps

Reaction score
Are there any plans for new gameplay modes in CS:S? Defuse, Hostage, and VIP are cool, but with CS:S supporting up to 64 people and alot larger maps, I think that a BF1942 conquest mode would be really sweet with CS:S. Anyone know of any plans for new modes like this? Thanks.

I dont think they are gonna have any new gameplay. They are really just putting cs in source with it fully upgraded. Not really adding anything 2 it.

what i never got was why they took the "escape" maps out of Cs, where one side has to excape and the other must stop. They can either run or break into an armory and fight. It even has it in My CS manual, but its not in the game.

coolcps said:
Are there any plans for new gameplay modes in CS:S? Defuse, Hostage, and VIP are cool, but with CS:S supporting up to 64 people and alot larger maps, I think that a BF1942 conquest mode would be really sweet with CS:S. Anyone know of any plans for new modes like this? Thanks.

Because counter-terrorists are urban and don't fight in wars, maybe if they were Delta ops or something.

It doesnt matter to me that they arent in wars, it would be fun. And the stuff doesnt have to be as massive as Battlefield or anything, I just really like the gunplay in CS and think it would be fun to play with other modes like ctf and conquest.

The only problem with conquest mode is that in CS people wouldn't even bother with the actual game mode, they would just go deathmatch-style like they usually do in de or cs maps. It's always easier just to kill the whole other team. My favorite kind of maps were es, I wish they would put them back in.

I agree, they need a few more gameplay modes. not conquest or even ctf, but sumthing that has a more cs feel to it.

suggestions?

Well with conquest and CTF modes there would obviously need to be a respawn function used. I dont think I ever played an escape level, unless the mansion like level was one, I don't remember. As for other new gameplay modes they could put in objective based maps like the modes in UT, but I don't care for those much anyway.

escape maps are quite old. and masion is a hosty map. escape maps were when one team started with only a sec weapon and could not buy anything. there are usually weapons scatterd thu the map and the escaping team has to reach one of 2 points to win, or to kill the other team who can buy weapons.

That sounds pretty fun, I played cs a little back when it was like .7, but didnt really start playing til 1.5, so that would explain why I dont know about the escape maps.

I think CS2 is supposed to be a "new" game. Oh so I thought I heard from valve.

i also agree bring back the escape maps :) and the as_ maps dont get played enough. shame really.

They just need to allow people to build gameplay modes into maps and it's all good.

Back