New GeForceFX cards in show

Originally posted by Sgt.Igneri
Watch it be another screw up...:D

already is lol, they are using the same type of cooling that the 5800ultra had, Bleeding ears any one?

Originally posted by Sgt.Igneri
They cant be so stupid to make it that noisy AGAIN.

remeber were talking about nivida.... :p no more then likely they have tonned it down, but how much is the question.... (lol or mabye they made it woarse)

This is like that firestone tires problem a few years ago. They made a whole lot of tires but forgot one vital part in all of them, several people died. This relates to nvidia....nobody died, but they ****ed up good. Also, my point is that nobody bought firestone tires for a long time...their tire sales must have bombed...You wouldnt want to buy tires from them after that happening would you? No....

I suggest you WAIT to buy an nvidia card, because odds are these ones are crap too.

sweet jesus.... those things are huge! please put that back into your pants, ATi!

These new cards will have the same characteristics as the 5900 ultra just a bit faster though. Great performance in everything except dx9 ;)
Nothing the 9800XT cant handle.

Nvidia sure did messed up this series good. But id still buy a nvidia card in the future, just not FX. It's only one generation of cards and I was not intending on buying a card this past year anyway.

*wonders how good ATI and Nvidia's new generation chips will perform this Christmas. Wonder to what extent they will pass the 100fps mark in HL2.

if i had 0 aa and 0 af on at high details 800x600 i bet i could get or come very close to 100fps with a 9800pro 128/athlon xp 2800+/1024ddr.

Originally posted by shapeshifter
already is lol, they are using the same type of cooling that the 5800ultra had, Bleeding ears any one?

Looks aren't everything, they fixed it on the 5900s, and I doubt they didn't learn shit from that experience.
The idea is good, getting the hot air OUT instead of just away and out in the case. What made the 5800s so noisy was probably the core being shite and therefor needing the fan to run at VERY high RPMs.
Abit have a cooling on their fx5900s that reminds of that one (and the 5800 cooling) and it has not gotten criticism for being loud.

I wouldnt count nVidia out just yet, but one thing is for sure, its exciting times when it comes to gfx :)

While it might be great, I wouldn't get my hopes up just cus it has 2 cores, I think 3Dfx had a card with like 4 cores, and it sucked..
And as the article states, its probably just engineers playing around, and it won't get to the market (by the time they are done fixing every bug in this technology it will probably be outdated).
I think we will see several GPUs on one card in the future, but not yet.
It's a nice idea with the display tho, all cards should implent that :)

Back