New Half-Life 2 Screenshots

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
GamesRadar, part of Future Publishing who publish PC Gamer (UK), PC Zone and PC Format (to name but a few), are now hosting some of the new Half-Life 2 screenshots as seen on the covermount CD of PC Gamer.[br]
<span align="center"></span>​
[br]Those are a few of the screenshots that have been released to GamesRadar. There are others that have been unofficially released around the internet, but the ones found here are the only ones officially released.[br]
[br]
We'll have more to show you when the remaining shots have been released, for now - enjoy!

wow, this is amazing.

finaly we have somethin Official.

Cheers every1

The vortigaunt looks cool. Bigger and creepier than the original concept.

For some reason, the 1st pick with the squad is one of my favorites of the whole batch of 'em. Maybe it's the realistic looks, or the feeling of there being a "team" to aid you. It's like something out of a movie, and it looks awsome. :D

Yep, those faces, their expretions, really...
That Alien looks weird, was he one of the slaves in HL1 ?

damn the new vortigaunts look awsome. I hadn't seen a screenie of them yet. Amazing when compared to hl1. somebody should do a comarison shot like those of the scientists and gman.

"Gordon I would like you to meet my new girlfriend. Say hi honey!"

Ha! Barney has a goatee, thats sweet.

Burnt-Corpse-In-A-Chair looks weird. Smile! You'er on corpsevision! (Like chucklevision only with more death and no annoying brothers)

according to the pc gamer uk review, the game takes about 20 hours to complete.

Atlast some nice looking shots.... what is even more amazing is that they look much better than the previous shots which were taken at higher resolutions..!

AcousticToad said:
Ha! Barney has a goatee, thats sweet.

Burnt-Corpse-In-A-Chair looks weird. Smile! You'er on corpsevision! (Like chucklevision only with more death and no annoying brothers)

you ever hear of the movie terrorvision?

PC zone UK is published by dennis publishing not future.

those sceenshots are wimpy. some sites have higher quality screenshots.

edit: just noticed that chuckstar posted a link to the better pics.

Vivendi will surely be desperate to secure a lucrative pre-Christmas release for the long-awaited title, and informing retailers early of its impending arrival is the only way to ensure it receives adequate shelf space on crowded racks.....

I'm glad the vortigaunts are on our side this time. The eye looks creepy.

I notice a few of those screenshots have a "Squad Following" readout, with little icons indicating how many people you're leading. Neat! I hadn't seen those before, I don't think. Looks like a significant portion of the gameplay might involve a lot of squad-based mayhem. Pray for competent A.I. (I just remember the frustration of trying to lead a medic and a couple grunts around corners in HL1: OpFor).

God damn. It looks better than ever. There's so much detail, and the characters own the crap out of Doom 3's. Especially the faces.

it looks glorious with the new bump mapping, and the improved lighting, pat on the back for Gabe, that's some awsome work chaps :)

This is particulary impressive, umm , wow :)

hl2_image13b_small.jpg

Damn, so far these are my favorite screenshots. I love the second one, Barney's face is just awesome. Somebody should photochop the last one.

clarky003 said:
it looks glorious with the new bump mapping, and the improved lighting, pat on the back for Gabe, that's some awsome work chaps :)

This is particulary impressive, umm , wow :)

hl2_image13b_small.jpg

Yeah - Although I'm not sure whether to call it HDR or light bloom. This forum has confused me a lot on this matter.

Half-Life 2's faces are bloody amazing. I love those Combine with blue eyes!!! lol, try comparing HL2 Barney to HL Barney. I'd slap 'em together for you guys on Photoshop but too lazy :p sorry.

STOP. POSTING. LINKS. FROM. ANYWHERE. OTHER. THAN. GAMESRADAR.com.

thank you :)

poofyfinger said:
Nothing illegal about it.

Just courtesy.

Imagine your point of view. You are the first person in the world to break the news of something. You earn quite a lot of money from people buying this from a shop. Within 24 hours, it gets distributed widely over the internet, and more to the point, no one has even bothered to ask your permission.

Would you be happy about that?...

It seems silly at this point though. All the major gaming sites are hosting them now. I'm serious.

yes but a vast majority of them are liscensing that material from the content creators, thats the difference.

Back