New HL:2 Ep1 screenshots

CodeFire

Reaction score
New HL:2 Ep1 screenshots at gamespot, ENJOY!
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflife2aftermath/news.html?sid=6151983
914642_20060530_screen014.jpg

914642_20060530_screen009.jpg

914642_20060530_screen018.jpg

Pics aren't scrolling right for me. They won't scroll left or right.

That Zombine looks like he's going to put the smack dab on your ass if you don't kill him. lol

pic 1 - Not sleeping for days will do that to you

pic 2 - The zombine's either running or falling over.

pic 3 - This is the first time I've been excited about a skybox.

I cant wait for this to come out so I can make some maps with zombines and stalkers!!!

very uninspired.....I really think episodes are abd idea....My guess is this game will be a lesser quality then HL2

It's ok. Nobody bothers with what Lemonking thinks. :)

Wow...that looks awesome.

Lemonking said:
very uninspired.....I really think episodes are abd idea....My guess is this game will be a lesser quality then HL2

What an asinine statement. It uses mainly the same assets as HL2, it's made by the same designers and artists, and uses an upgraded engine. How could it be lesser quality?

There are actually a lot more screens. Also a video interview and preview at gamespot but it has a ton of gameplay footage that is spoilerrific. I just listened to it.

Looking bloody brilliant. Thursday will be a slow day... few beers when I get home and some Ep. 1 goodness methinks. :D

Samon said:
It's ok. Nobody bothers with what Lemonking thinks. :)

Wow...that looks awesome.

Yup, some people bitch because they think it makes them look "cool" and "edgy" but infact they look a bit of a tit :rolling:

"lolol look im on a hl2 site and im saying hl2 stuff is gonna be bad rofl - goooo me!"

I have to say that the idea of headcrabbed Combine Soldiers seems a bit odd to me. Opposing Force head zombified grunts, but Opposing Force also had plenty of grunts with no helmets on. Still, they do look cool.

Barney has me concerned. He looks really beat up and I hope to God he doesn't die or get lost out to far away.

Langolier said:
I have to say that the idea of headcrabbed Combine Soldiers seems a bit odd to me. Opposing Force head zombified grunts, but Opposing Force also had plenty of grunts with no helmets on. Still, they do look cool.

Well, there's a reason behind the whole headcrab helmet thing.

Pi Mu Rho said:
What an asinine statement. It uses mainly the same assets as HL2, it's made by the same designers and artists, and uses an upgraded engine. How could it be lesser quality?

just a feeling.Im not saying its going to be a bad game but...Im just not a fan of "Episodes"

Samon you are a...
godatwork.gif

wildchild730 said:
Zombines run. Sort of.. Theyre like monkeys jumping..

Theres something quite alarming about the way they run.

Looking forward to playing EP1 after work tommorrow... :bounce: :bounce:

914642_20060530_screen008.jpg

Gah! that zombie is transparent. That means we have either really badly managed disappearing corpses, or pointlessly semi-transparent zombies afoot!

And is that combine dying or just busting out some dope moves in the middle of a firefight?

edit: no wait, it's Bruce Foresyth

Samon said:
Glitches happen. We must live with them. :p

bprice2.JPG
BRUCIE IS NOT A GLITCH!!! :O :O :O

edit:
914642_20060530_screen048.jpg

Another costume change :)

edit: Strait Jacket?

kupoartist said:
914642_20060530_screen008.jpg

Gah! that zombie is transparent. That means we have either really badly managed disappearing corpses, or pointlessly semi-transparent zombies afoot!

And is that combine dying or just busting out some dope moves in the middle of a firefight?

edit: no wait, it's Bruce Foresyth

It does look like he is break dancing to the sound of gunfire and Zombie screams.

Also,Why is it the sign for Lounge is in English yet the other signs are in a strange foreign dialect. I know City 17 is ment to be somewhere in ye olde europe but why not have all or nothing.

I think it's Combine laungage. Only they can understand it (like in Quake 4).

BeaverMon said:
I think it's Combine laungage. Only they can understand it (like in Quake 4).

well, its russian language..
explanation - because lots of old russian signs are left in once occupyed countrys, how do i know it? i live in latvia..

Anyway down from lounge is written - clinic, middle one is too bloody to read, surgery.

well, its russian language..
explanation - because lots of old russian signs are left in once occupyed countrys, how do i know it? i live in latvia..

Anyway down from lounge is written - clinic, middle one is too bloody to read, surgery.

I'd more logically expect Bulgarian, since the whole concept of City 17 was invented by a Bulgarian guy at Valve. "Clinic" and "surgery" are spelt the same in Russian and Bulgarian. Anyway, for all practical purposes it's intended to be a token East European language made up of odd bits and pieces. In the Czech Republic, there was a small commotion when a game came out, around 2002, with a mission set in Prague, and had Czech people talk in Russian. Can't remember the name right now.

UPDATE Soldier of Fortune 2. Had it mixed up with several other games titled "X of Y".

Back