New HL2 article at IGN

Nice little summary... didn't know the bit about the textures automatically having physical properties... sweet. :)

ek0st0ns said:
Yeah any HL2 info is good info.

I'm afraid that HL2 will be delayed an additional 2-12 months while we implement improvements to the menu fonts.

jet jaguar said:
I'm afraid that HL2 will be delayed an additional 2-12 months while we implement improvements to the menu fonts.
That's great news!!
:bounce:

jet jaguar said:

good! If I see one crappy font in a game I immediatly stop playing it, it's totally unacceptable.

fear the flying headcrab's cause we arnt mentioning them! I want my very own headcrab pez dispenser!

About that three versions of the game coming out, that isn't sure is it? Last time I heard something about it, they were not sure anymore if they'd make a 'wallmart' edition, it was just a brainstorm in the first place.
Great, thanks to IGN I think I've figured out what time has elapsed since BMRF and why..... bastards (without playing the leak)

Well you're one of the only ones then. :D
An intentionally indefinite length of time has passed since the incident at Black Mesa. (When you find out how long it's been, you'll know why we can't tell you.)
Now theres some fuel for the fire.

Umm, they don't know anymore than we do guys, they act as if this is the only article you've read, because we already know it's 15 years remember?

Where did that come from, vegeta? I see it all over the place, but never the source.

Umm, it was never said by Valve, but someone suggested it in a thread about what vehicle would you like to have or something...
Are you accusing me of something!? Stay away!! Noo!

vegeta897 said:
Umm, they don't know anymore than we do guys, they act as if this is the only article you've read, because we already know it's 15 years remember?

I've never heard something about 15 years, let alone that it came from Valve or another official source.
And from what I've read in the article, they've been playing the leak, just read between the lines. IGN knows more than us (the non leak players I mean) because they know what time has elapsed between BMRF and HL2, and no other information than 'there is quite some time between BMRF and HL2' has been released to my knowledge.

I can't post why I think IGN has posted a cryptic spoiler, but from the line 'When you find out how long it's been, you'll know why we can't tell you.' you can tell that no normal time has elapsed. It also has a fundamental effect on the gameplay, otherwise IGN would have told us. 15 years is a little too simple, and it wouldn't say anything about the story so IGN would have told us that.

Umm, when I was told it was 15 years from VALVE SOFTWARE THEMSELVES I was very surprized, 15 is a long time for nothing in Gordon's life to happen!! That's alotta stuff missed, the entire Black Mesa incedent was like a couple days, what could happen in 15 years!? And yes you can really tell they have played the leak, but the leak doesn't tell you how many years has gone by, this was stated in an interview or something by Valve.
And what were the 3 types of headcrabs? I think they were confusing the gunship as the flying one, and maybe the zombie as the bigger one. Whatever, that article was very, strange, it felt like it was... I dunno.. Anyone else feel that? I'm crazy, but the above paragraph makes sence.

vegeta897 said:
Umm, it was never said by Valve...

vegeta897 said:
Umm, when I was told it was 15 years from VALVE SOFTWARE THEMSELVES...

Okay, consider me confused. I was asking where the "15 years" figure came from. I see it all over the place, but never the source.

EDIT: And I personally think that a lot of that article is extrapolation...

What's with you and finding the source? ;)
You can't quote two different things man, the first quote was about the "driving a strider", then second was about how long between HL1 and HL2. Don't mix me up.
Umm, excuse me, but what is a extrapolation? I can probably agree with you, is it like another word for a "stretch". I dunno.

I thought both quotes were about the "15 years". And the "15 years" was around before the beta, so you can quit winking :p. I just wanted to know where people get that figure from.

Extrapolation is, in this context, speculation based on what we have seen already in the vids and screenshots. I have a strange feeling that a lot of the "info" in that article is more like the writer's interpretation of the media, rather than hard facts.

Zakat said:
Interesting article... 15 years? Hum...?
I would delete that, thats a major spoiler...
Lets not talk about that, I think IGN is very confused and has probably never played the original HL so has no idea what a headcrab is and was told by his 7 year old son. Or something like that. Don't listen to them.

jet jaguar said:

roflmfao i seen that coming from a mile away

Vegeta I can see why you were banned before. You have to stop spreading your rumors as proven fact. If you have seen directly from valve that 15 years has passed then post your source to it or shut up.

If I'm not mistaken ,it was posted on some printed magazine while back when the game was announced and all the printed magazines had previews of the game. I think it was written in the PC Gamer preview.

I do believe that info has never been released or else it would be widely known and accepted by every large gaming news site, so unless an excert is shown then its all just rumor talk.

I`m getting mighty tired of these crapy articles that doesn´t bring any news about the game, it´s a pain in the ass to be in the dark, guess we´ll have to wait till E3 when Valve will get out of their cocoon and will probably show us some good stuff.....

Yeah E3 will be awesome, becuase we will probably get another 25 minute video! Yay! But in a sence it would be bad, ruins the first time playing experience even more... Oh well, we must go on...

vegeta897 said:
Umm, when I was told it was 15 years from VALVE SOFTWARE THEMSELVES I was very surprized, 15 is a long time for nothing in Gordon's life to happen!! That's alotta stuff missed, the entire Black Mesa incedent was like a couple days, what could happen in 15 years!? And yes you can really tell they have played the leak, but the leak doesn't tell you how many years has gone by, this was stated in an interview or something by Valve.
And what were the 3 types of headcrabs? I think they were confusing the gunship as the flying one, and maybe the zombie as the bigger one. Whatever, that article was very, strange, it felt like it was... I dunno.. Anyone else feel that? I'm crazy, but the above paragraph makes sence.

no in the Pczone preview Valve said there would be several different kinds of headcrab, including a fat one and a more athletic one. Nobody said anything of a flying one however.

If you read the article you would see that IGN mentioned a "bigger" headcrab and a flying headcrab. (I have nothing againts IGN, but they are a little messed up) Yes I know what types of headcrabs there are, but this is really getting confusing.

Stupid IGN...

Weeeeeeeeee! Flying headcrabbers! That should make the Half-Life 2: Reconnaissance Headcrab expansion all the more awesome!!!!!!!!! :)

vegeta897 said:
I would delete that, thats a major spoiler...
Lets not talk about that, I think IGN is very confused and has probably never played the original HL so has no idea what a headcrab is and was told by his 7 year old son. Or something like that. Don't listen to them.

Why are you unbanned?
Your posts seem to be insulting and/or deliberately misleading, specially since you've played the leak.

Chewcky said:
I do believe that info has never been released or else it would be widely known and accepted by every large gaming news site, so unless an excert is shown then its all just rumor talk.

I remember reading "15 years" in several magazines at the time, as many have said already. For example:
http://www.computergaming.com/article2/0,2053,1487132,00.asp
Let's move on.

Back