*NEW* HL2 DM map, dm_Docks (pics inside)

ChronosWing

Reaction score
This is my first map for half-life/hl2 but surely won't be my last, I've had lots of experiance with unrealed and a few 3d programs so hammer was a breeze once I learned everything (oh the frustration). Well enough babbling on with the screenshots.
dmdocks00126ek.jpg

dmdocks00136wz.jpg

dmdocks00148hk.jpg

dmdocks00153tj.jpg

dmdocks00169mz.jpg

dmdocks00170bz.jpg

dmdocks00185uz.jpg

Download here
http://www.pcgamemods.com/9002

Hope everyone likes it, would like constructive feedback, I don't appreciate flames.

how did you make the water reflect the sky and not those colorful purple boxes it does to me when I use the skybox texture

Ooh, I really like the interior wood. You only used one texture, but it fits perfectly. :thumbs:

thanx :D yah I wasn't very happy with the wood texture at first but when I added the cubemaps it got all shiny and bump mappy :D

nice :thumbs:

i see alot of peeps are going with water in their maps. and using that sunset skybox. guess i'll have to put water in my map :E

i asked in another thread. but how is that much water on FPS?

meh, oh well on the misaligned texture, maybe in the future when I have more maps I'll release a map pack and go back and fix it up. And about water affecting fps, well I was getting descent fps, if you can run the hovercraft missions in hl2 well then adding alot of water to the map isn't a big deal.

Chrono, people will find anything to ding your map, taking the extra bit of polish for simple texture problems like that goes along way.

yah I know I should but I'm done with this map, I'm not worried about one misaligned texture thats only really noticible in the screenshot, if you were playing you wouldn't notice it. I've spent more than I wanted to building this map, gone through tons of frustration, just don't feel like compiling it again then having to re-release it to all the file places an hour after I submit this version, I'll polish in the future with a map pack when I make a bunch more maps.

Back