New HL2 highres vids

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Brick

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I'm a subscriber of a dutch magazine called PC GamePlay, and they went to Valve this month to get new info. They say they have played Half-life 2 and they'll have 10 (new? :rolling: ) highres movies on their DVD that comes with the newest magazine (comes out may 1st).

For the dutch people here, www.pcgameplay.com. That's the upcoming magazine. You'll see the cover with a new concept art (so it's worth a look anyway). Beneath the cover you see what they'll have on the DVD, it says there the've got 10 highres Half-life 2 movies.

I don't know how to create links to download those movies, so maybe when the new magazine is out, someone else could?

I sure hope it's really new stuff, I'm looking out for the next weekend... :cheers:

its the 10 bink video's for sure.. and those are old *stops stopwatch*

yeah.. I'll let you guys know when i finally have the DVD.

BTW, I just thought it could be the upcoming E3 stuff... I guess so, because I don't think Valve is going to release that much new things...Then it wouldn't be Valve anymore ;)

i doubt it, but there is already a post about PC Gameplay.

Lobster said:
but there is already a post about PC Gameplay.

oh, sorry about that... It's been a while since I completely rechecked the forums, after the long wait for hl2.net to go online...

yes, i'm from belgium!

(PCG is a belgian magazine:D:D)

The Cover for that looks sweet :), what kind of monster is that ?!?!?! :sniper: can't wait to shoot it :)

If someone can get me the relevant e-mail address, I will see if I can sort out a deal with them so they'll allow us to post the demos shortly after the print magazine is released. I'd need to speak to Gabe and Doug about it too but if someone can understand Dutch and get me the correct e-mail address to use for that sort of enquiry then I'll give it a go.

Is it likely they'd speak English?

Chris_D said:
If someone can get me the relevant e-mail address, I will see if I can sort out a deal with them so they'll allow us to post the demos shortly after the print magazine is released. I'd need to speak to Gabe and Doug about it too but if someone can understand Dutch and get me the correct e-mail address to use for that sort of enquiry then I'll give it a go.

what are u talking about? why?

Chris_D said:

It will be the old bink videos mate I wouldn't bother :)

www.pcgameplay.com

Notice how the barnacle has some new mandibles in the centre?
It's like what they did in the starwars 3 special edition. I like it.

Also, it looks like their tentacles now *may* be able to lash out at you.

I have a feeling they'll just be the same old 10 binks that are already available.

half alive said:
Hey everyone

I'm a subscriber of a dutch magazine called PC GamePlay, and they went to Valve this month to get new info. They say they have played Half-life 2 and they'll have 10 (new? :rolling: ) highres movies on their DVD that comes with the newest magazine (comes out may 1st).

For the dutch people here, www.pcgameplay.com. That's the upcoming magazine. You'll see the cover with a new concept art (so it's worth a look anyway). Beneath the cover you see what they'll have on the DVD, it says there the've got 10 highres Half-life 2 movies.

I don't know how to create links to download those movies, so maybe when the new magazine is out, someone else could?

I sure hope it's really new stuff, I'm looking out for the next weekend... :cheers:
I've just read what you wrote. Does it indicate anywhere that they are "new" videos?

So, 1280x960 instead of what they are now?

I'm not sure, will have to wait until April 29 I guess.

Has heartattack of excitement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back