new HL2 problem

K

KikiJiki

Hi,
I have just installed Half Life 2. Although i can play CS O.K. when i try to load HL2 it says " loading" and just will not go any furthur.
Can anyone help please.

:bounce:

Do you have magical version with HL2 when you buy it or do you haved to download it?

Some people with an AMD cpu and a VIA chipset are finding that it hangs. Valve recommend to upgrade the motherboard drivers.

The article about it is here.

There's a thing at the bottom of the page on how to check if you have a VIA chipset.

What I'd make sure is that your graphics card drivers and Direct X are up to date first before trying this stuff Valve are talking about.

And if you have the DVD edition, go to your DVD manufacturer's website and get the latest firmware for your DVD drive.

Are you absolutely certain that it is not just taking a long time? How long have you left it on "Loading"?

I've had this same problem since I got the update from steam. It loads for about 2-3 minutes and then kicks me back to my desktop.
I have a celeron 2.4 hd, 256 ram, nvidia sound, directx9.
Any suggestions?

nukez - i left it on for about 1 hour last-night and an hour this morning.
monogoloido - I'll try.

One other thing when i have pressed CTRL + ALT + DEL it says on the Task Manager that the game is " Not Responding "

EDIT - Where do you get updates from?

Restart steam to recieve updates.

Try closing steam and then deleting clientregistery.blob and then try.

If that dont work, make sure you have it all installed/downloaded.

If that dont work delete

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\accountname\half-life 2

Right...
My Computer > :C Drive > Program Files > Valve? <----- Valve isnt there... but it appears in my programs in start menu.

Shall i uninstall HL2 and install again?

Back