New Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings info...

Reaction score
From the Tiscali Games site and the goneisgone blog:

Having finally released Force Unleashed, LucasArts may once again concentrate on the development of their next-gen Indiana Jones title, which was repeatedly rumoured to be re-announced shortly. Here's a sum-up of latest info, alongside two screenshots and concept art/model:

#The game's full title should be Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings, a trademark registered by LucasArts a year ago and then thought to have connected either to the fourth film or the PSP game, which is likely to bear a similar name "Staff of Moses".
#Given the title, the main artefact is obviously Staff of Moses (or Rod of Aaron), an Old Testament staff thought to have had miraculous powers during the Plagues of Egypt, and latter divided the waters of the Red Sea.
# Other fresh concept arts suggest a Mayan setting, a fishing-boat similar to those found in Galilee or an Istanbul mosque.
# The game is supposed to be using the Force Unleashed engine now.
# Given the fact that it may only be re-announced next year, it may possibly be set to coincide with the release of the rumoured fifth film (mentioned by Harrison Ford himself lately).
#Amaze Entertainment's PSP version of the Staff of Moses has supposedly been finished last year, and the team was supposed to be doing Wii internal demo tests ever since (though none have made it).
#A2M have been externally developing the Wii, PS2 and DS versions, and may as well end up being responsible for the PSP one in the end.

That's it. Indiana Jones & the Staff of Kings is set to release on Xbox360 and PS3 in late 2009.

Pics:
bog1.jpg

bog2.jpg

indysok5.jpg

indysok4.jpg

Look interesting, though a bit early clearly. I frankly can't wait for an Indiana Jones game built on the Force Unleashed engine. That said, it has to have great writing that really engrosses one in the Indy world. We will see I guess.

looks good so far, hopefully it goes the whole way.

I have full faith that Lucasarts can deliver a quality product that is faithful to their own license and not rushed or sub-standard in any way.

:|

I remember seeing pics in a PCGamer mag for, im assuming this game, like a few years ago I think?

It was Indy fighting melee ontop of a car against a truck load of bad guys or whatever, and im sure there was a pic of him fighting melee on a rooftop too.

Did wonder what happened to that game, but it seems it might have simply been delayed?

Wonder if it's still using the Euphoria and DMM tech.
If it is running on the Force Unleashed engine then it certainly should be as those were in there. I have high hopes for this one, but in order to not be totally pissed upon release I must start crushing those down to a more manageable size.

What the hell happened to that Indiana Jones game where the animations all linked together and they reacted to punches etc?

If it's made by the Force Unleashed team then it'll suck balls.

Graphics are nice ... story concept is good ... Force Unleashed was decent ...

Yeah, this will probably be a good/decent game.

So is this the one they showed at E3 last year (it had Istanbul level)?

It's not really fair to say that it's running on the Force Unleashed Engine. Considering this game was in development longer than FU and the engine was made specifically for this game.

The 'Staff of Kings' better not be what it sounds like it probably should be.

No clever pun here, i'm talking about a PENIS.

The 'Staff of Kings' better not be what it sounds like it probably should be.

No clever pun here, i'm talking about a PENIS.

So, as Indiana Jones, we're going to break the seal of Tal Rasha's tomb and defeat Duriel with our trusty whip?

Needs more aliens tbh.

It's just not an Indiana Jones movie / game without UFO's and aliens. And they should have Mulder as his sidekick this time. And a Ninja Turtle. And have lightsabres. It pretty much writes itself.

Back