New JOB = NEW PC

skater4evr5

Reaction score
ok... here we go i finally ..WOOT...got a new job and its paying well !!
I have only 2 bills (at the moment) combined 140 bucks a month.

I make a lot of extra cash and i will be saving a lot also.

I am going to start buying bits and piecing to build a TOP OF THE line computer and i DO NOT tent to OVERCLOCK ANYTHING.

here is what i am look at to buy.

Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 $224.00
Albatron "K8X800 ProII" K8T800 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 754 CPU $108.00
AMD Athlon 64 3400+, 1MB L2 Cache, 64-bit Processor - Retail $293.00
Sapphire ATI RADEON X800 XT Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-Bit, DVI/VIVO, 8X AGP $459.00
LOGISYS DRACULA Red ATX Mid Tower Case $69.99
Thermaltake Volcano 12 $26.89
Aerocool X-Blaster "The Heat Terminator" 80mm Fan X2 $26.00

Total: $1206.88

Tell me if im missing a big part of the price or if I need to change anything or any suggestions at ALL to save money or something better yet cheaper ??

Thanks in advanced

The only thing I would say is that the RAM is a lot of money for not much extra performance. Yes its all singing all dancing RAM, but you could get to normal for half the price and lose only a few FPS in each game. After all, on that rig, the FPS on any game will be so masive that you wouldn't be able to see any extra FPS the extreem ram would give you.

Thats not to say you shouldn't get it, but unless you are the type of person who must have the latest thing the second its out, I wouldn't bother.

Oh yeah, one more thing... I hate you you bastard, gimmie your PC "Wahhaa, wanna wanna his PC" ;) Kick arse PC mate :D

So everything will work together fine ??

I mean like the RAM fitting in mobo and CPU heatsink working with 64-bit and CPU fitting on mobo??

The things to check are:

RAM - Same type i.e. DDR, same pin number, i.e. 184 pin, speed is supported, i.e. PC3200 (400mhz)
CPU - Same socket type and the CPU speed must be supported by the board
Board - Fit this around your other components.
VGA - Check the AGP is 8x on the board
Case - Check this is ATX form factor (Assuming the board is). Also, check that the case has a PSU. Most do, but worth making sure, else you could end up with a very expensie, very heavy paper weight.
Heatsink/fan - Check the description matches your processor socket type and you should be fine.

Make sure the case you buy has 2x80mm fan holes somewhere. If it does not, you can cut them yourself, but you will need fan grills for the holes.

Get some Raptor 10 000rpm HD's in RAID and you have the perfect monster.

and i'd srtongly suggest getting a new powersupply... sparkle is a great company for those... genric powersupplys= not so good.

What SidewinderX said.

And..

It's better to buy a rather big tower (Big Tower:p ) because that makes the building so much easier. I currently have a Thermaltake XaserIII Tower (great tower), and bought a BeQuiet 450W PSU. It's better to have enough power than lacking it.

http://www.thermaltake.com for some nice towers.

I'm in much the same boat as you..new job too. However I think I'm going to wait until PCIE mobo's come out for the AMD chipset. That way it should be upgrade proof for the future.

I dont wont to go REALLY CHEAP ON ANYthing and ive built PC's before, just not of this maggnatude :) Having some doughts on some parts, and if they are goos or not:

The case
PSU
heatsink + Fan
Mobo

Ive edited my list to buy and added these 2 new things :)
Ultra X-Connect 500 Watt ATX Power Supply (Silver) $100
Thermaltake VA3000 Dream Tower Tsunami Silver $100

??? Are they all TOP OF THE LINE ??

cause if there not tell me what to buy.

skater4evr5 said:
ok... here we go i finally ..WOOT...got a new job and its paying well !!
I have only 2 bills (at the moment) combined 140 bucks a month.

I make a lot of extra cash and i will be saving a lot also.

I am going to start buying bits and piecing to build a TOP OF THE line computer and i DO NOT tent to OVERCLOCK ANYTHING.

here is what i am look at to buy.

Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 $224.00
Albatron "K8X800 ProII" K8T800 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 754 CPU $108.00
AMD Athlon 64 3400+, 1MB L2 Cache, 64-bit Processor - Retail $293.00
Sapphire ATI RADEON X800 XT Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-Bit, DVI/VIVO, 8X AGP $459.00
LOGISYS DRACULA Red ATX Mid Tower Case $69.99
Thermaltake Volcano 12 $26.89
Aerocool X-Blaster "The Heat Terminator" 80mm Fan X2 $26.00

Total: $1206.88

Tell me if im missing a big part of the price or if I need to change anything or any suggestions at ALL to save money or something better yet cheaper ??

Thanks in advanced

Please dont put those high end parts in a case thats attractive to a 12 year old CS fruits. Get something with style, like the higher end cooler masters :D PC rice = crap

skater4evr5 said:

good luck finding one for that price

skater4evr5 said:
I am going to start buying bits and piecing to build a TOP OF THE line computer

Buy it all at one time, you will save alot of money because prices go down over time.

Subatomic said:
Buy it all at one time, you will save alot of money because prices go down over time.

Would'nt he save MORE money since prices drop :D

An upgradability issue: AMD doesn't plan on making more socket 754 chips. They plan to use their socket 939 for years to come. It may be worth getting the 939 version for compatibility with later CPU upgrades.

Also, yeah, you don't have any drives listed. But you may already have them...

Back