New KillZone pictures.

Looks nice ?

error 403: Forbidden!

Verboten!
Es sind nur ungenügende Zugriffsrechte gesetzt. Bitte ändern Sie die Rechte mit Ihrem FTP-Programm.

Originally posted by simmo
looks VERY nice :cheese: , for ps2 ent it ?

Yep.

Dhoco X: Huh? Works for me, try to copy and paste then.

I'm still waiting to see it in action.
I have to remain just a little skeptical because I've never seen anything like that on the PS2. The PS2 is great, but unless the killzone disc comes with an extra processor they're gonna need to be code wizards to pull it off.

Originally posted by Direwolf
I have to remain just a little skeptical because I've never seen anything like that on the PS2. The PS2 is great, but unless the killzone disc comes with an extra processor they're gonna need to be code wizards to pull it off.

:cheers: :cheers: My thoughts exactly! I was thinking "wow, that looks better than.. anything I've ever seen on the PS2.. it must run at 5FPS"

I'm not so sure, some of the indoor screen shots look a little outdated. I think there being held back by the PS2's moderate processing power, it will no doubt receive top marks from the PS2 community though.

Official PlayStation 2 Magazine has played it, and they loved every second of it.
They did encounter some slowdowns, but it wasn’t so annoying.

Well, I still can't say I trust PSMagazine either.
And so far we've been quibbling over graphics. Lord knows what the gameplay will be like.

has anyone seen this running yet?

Cause what was that game a while ago that they photoshopped the ingame images to make em look better?

Deja vu?

well.. from the screen shots, the game looks pretty good.. but if there ain't gonna be a pc release that probably means i won't be getting it :|

Originally posted by Dr. Freeman
well.. from the screen shots, the game looks pretty good.. but if there ain't gonna be a pc release that probably means i won't be getting it :|

make a mod for HL2, didn't someone do that for HL1 and goldeneye at some point?

I think Killzone looks amazing, and i will buy it on release, I keep thinking about it every so often, its going to be a killer game, and i cant wait.
To me, graphics arent as important, aslong as its fun and entertains me, then I'll play it:D

Yeah, the graphics are unbelievable, but they aren't the best on PS2. Go to gamespot or wherever and checkout the pictures of Silent Hill 3, which has been out for a couple months now. I've beaten it, ****ing unbelievable. It has by far the best character models of any game out now or any game that we know about coming out including HL2 and Doom 3. It's probably the best looking game I've ever played, with some heavy competition from Max Payne 2. It has by far the best lighting effects of any game ever, with the possible exception of Doom 3.

The PS2 isn't as bad as you guys think it is, they can do a LOT with it. The reason there are a lot of bad looking games is because people are cheap and make a generic game that can run on all 3 consoles easily. The PS2 has very complex architecture but huge potential, which is why only the big companies like Sony, Konami, Square, etc. can pull off great graphics on it.

But about Killzone, its looking really great. I also heard that you can play back through the game with the different team members and get a different experience each time. The graphics are awesome, and for them to have spent this much money on it the games probably cool too.

The thing I really like about consoles that does not apply to PC's is that developers get alot of time to work with them and learn their architecture. So a system like the PS2, which is not very powerful compared to most computers, can produce amazing results like Killzone or the aforementioned Silent Hill 3 (really amazing looking game, scary as hell too). Imagine if developers for the PC actually had four years to get comfortable with graphics hardware instead of the normal six months, and their wasn't such variety in graphics cards (not that this is a good thing exactly). I imagine we could have photorealistic games right now if developers didn't have to worry about different configurations and cards of different power and instead made a game tailored for a 3.0GHz machine and an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. Of course that would defeat the great part of PC gaming, we get to decide what we want, precisely. We decide how much we spend.

That is the interesting thing about consoles, it makes the (good) developers use subtle tricks and careful planning to make a game as good as it can be, not just the brute graphical force that most PC games rely upon.

That is the interesting thing about consoles, it makes the (good) developers use subtle tricks and careful planning to make a game as good as it can be, not just the brute graphical force that most PC games rely upon.
It's the same with consoles and PCs... the great developers make great games and the average developers only make average games.

The only difference is that it is harder and more expensive to develop games for consoles... and even harder to get them published if they aren't good games.

How do you think the good developers do it on PCs?
Just because PCs are powerful doesn't mean that game developers can just go wild with all kinds of features without making tons of optimizations if they want the game playable on anything but the fastest computers.

The game looks nice but too bad its only for PS2.

I wonder when they will release some videos, really want to see this game in motion.

Have heard rumours a couple of months ago that they were going to release a video... but haven’t seen anything yet. :(

Originally posted by nw909
or how about a comp port.

Maybe, problem is though if Sony buys Guerrilla. They are good friends right now. :)

Sony and the company who make the game have some sort of deal. I don't know the specifics of it, but I think Sony owns the rights to Killzone, but not the company. Kind of like when Rare got bought by MS they left a lot of their franchise's with Nintendo because Nintendo had the rights to it even though it was Rare's game.

Back