New logitech mouse

Asus

Reaction score
Have you guys seen the new Logitech wireless mouse?
It's lazer rather than optical. mmm
Link

They adopted the right/left scroll with the wheel like MS.
It has a battery readout for how they are holding up.

Just saw it today at the store, didn't know if anyone has heard much about it.

Damn that's awful. Mousedesigners tend to miss and important detail when designing. FUNCTIONALITY. You want to place your hand on it and naturally feel all the buttons. Not place your hand in some ****ing crockied position and have to remember where the **** all the buttons were.

Some crappy mouse design flaming by me right there. That said I haven't seen that mouse no, might be intresting juding from the pick.

I love my MX700, but the charger just wont work like it used to, and the battery wont last very long. Used to last a good 15 hours...now it can barely go half a day without needing charging...I might get this MX1000, looks awesome.

I prefer a good old wired optical mouse, no batteries to charge.

And what the hell is the point of '20x the tracking power of an optical mouse' unless you want to move it one pixel at a time?

I have an mx510 right now which I love.
But after playing around with my friends wireless intelmouse I was looking at getting a mx700. But it looks so ugly compared to the mx510 red color.

This mouse looks like it would need some getting used to though. I dont know if I like the scroll wheel. I would have to try it though. Atleast it doesnt look as ugly as the 700.

Its laser which is more precise but do we really need mice the are more accurate then the mx510?

Its cheaper on amazon if you want it.

And why the hell wont newegg load I had to search for it on google.

mouse features said:
Illuminated 4-level battery indicator precisely monitors battery strength, Wheel tilts for side-to-side scrolling, Cruise control

Sounds more like a car than a mouse. lol

My basic low-end logitech optical mouse I have right now sounds so outdated.

The box sais the worlds first laser mouse.

Whether this is a marketing gimic or actually had benefits has of yet to be seen.

Maybee I will just buy a func 1030 instead of a new mouse.

I want to see a review though.

The charger is different.

I've heard from many the wireless mice aren't good for gaming because of the added weight of the wireless gizmos. That's why I'm buying an MX510 (blue) with my rig.

Malfunction said:
I've heard from many the wireless mice aren't good for gaming because of the added weight of the wireless gizmos. That's why I'm buying an MX510 (blue) with my rig.

I have an MX700 and it doesnt feel heavy to me? I donno why people think MICE are heavy, my sister returned her microsoft one because it was heavy..MY SISTER. You guys need to start benching :cheers:

Hahaha, well I haven't used one myself, but in UT2K4 when you need to aim fast and efficiently, I'd rather leave my life in a wired mouse's hand than a wireless. People have just said it's hard to get used to the little extra weight in them.

blackeye said:
The box sais the worlds first laser mouse.

Whether this is a marketing gimic or actually had benefits has of yet to be seen.

Maybee I will just buy a func 1030 instead of a new mouse.

I want to see a review though.

The charger is different.
If you're a hardcore gamer, get the fUnc. It's one of the best investments I've made for my PC setup.

If you're a hardcore gamer, get the fUnc. It's one of the best investments I've made for my PC setup.
Ya I have heard a lot of good things about it.
Its also got the mouse cord clip so im not tugging on my cord when it falls behind the desk.

Oh and I was reading up on this mouse a bit more and some people are saying that if you use it with a usb port is causes more frequent lock ups (less smooth) then when your using it with a ps2 port.
Has anyone heard about this.

I also heard with my mx510 that you dont get the increased refresh rate and DPI unless you use the mouseware.
Any one heard anything bout this?

It feels very similar to the 'old' MS wireless intellimouse Explorer, which I thought felt great. Link
I have not actually put either through any use though.

As for why buy this mouse? I've got nothing.
Although I do have a logitech MX700 with a TAP plan (it a Compusa thing) that I can exchange if mine 'breaks'. ;)

Back