new mod: TacOps: Source

S

SheRyO

TO:Source was founded by a group of veteran UT99 players who played its mods, TO:Source is a fast paced arcade style game, where Special Forces fight against Terrorists with modern weaponry in modern, and post-modern environments . Automatic Assault rifles, sniper rifles, high explosive grenades, handguns and even an expensive concussion grenade launcher, TO:Source is the whole deal. Contrary to the game CS:S which always falls under the same category of "Counter-Terrorism mods" TO:Source players can make more damage , the game is much faster paced, grenades are useful and much more powerful, and maps are focused on teamplay, and made so that they're intense for 8v8 clan matches, but also sized well so that 1v1 matches can be played, without running around for the complete round without shooting a single bullet.

TO:Source was created mid March, and we have progressed very quickly. But with the increased productivity our of mod, the demand for more weapons, animations and maps is increased. We are looking for a couple people to be added on to the TO:Source team. We are currently looking for:
Environment Modeler (to make static meshes for maps),
Character Animator
Weapons Animator
Character Skinner and Modeler
Experienced Mappers
If you are interested, please e-mail: [email protected]

Like I've said before, our mod has been very successful, we already have an active forum, IRC channel and in less than two months, starting from scratch, we will be releasing our first ever Internal Release where will be able to put all our models, maps and coding together and see the birth of TO:Source with in-game action.

Without further ado, we have some nice renders and screenshots of the current TO:Source.
Famas:

Mac10

Beretta

And the map tos_Trooper

Contact information:

Forums: http://www.to-source.net/forum/
IRC: irc.gamesuge.net #to:source
Email for applications: [email protected]

Feel free to post your thoughts or questions about TO:Source here but you can always check our forums (http://www.to-source.net/forum/) for more in depth discussion about TO:Source.

This has been posted before
While it looks nice, i've asked before how will it differ from counterstrike?
and competing with almost the same ideas with rainbow 6, css, swat what innovations have you got?
the models are beautiful especially the famas but thats all really
the levels must be wip - no way could you present them as finished
why rehash the tired old terrorist v counterterrorist story
i'd seriously advise you change this theme
if you want to hit a huge niche you should go for a tactical ops mutation of hl2dm - the same protagonists(+ soldiers - 7 years war setting) and weapons with a gritty tactical feel to vicious realistic combat
this could be done without losing any of the realism you want to portray
just a thought
summary - change your theme or innovate

change our theme? Tactical ops was a mod created on the unreal engine 6 years ago, its not a CS clone or a copy. were remaking the game on a newer engine just like CSS for CS 1.6. believe me, this game is very different from CS.

how?
nothing on your website indicates that it is any different other than explosives are useful
i have heard of T.O. and have looked at your progress over the years but surely your success (or lack thereof) in creating a large vibrant community in the way that say desert combat did for bf1942 or red orchestra for UT2003 did, must make you question the viability of competing with giants
you dont enter the os market offering an untested product when microsoft is dominant - you offer something new and innovative or you change tactics and make something else
survival of the fittest

its just disappointing for so many modmakers to fall into the same traps
sad to see talent go to waste unrewarded

you're being so pescimistic... tacops had a HUGE community for several years, even now, the ladders are still active even if the game is 6 years old. everyone in the tacops community is supporting us to make their game on a newer engine. they asked for it. if tacops is just a cs "clone" like you're saying, why do people play it instead of CS? ask them, their answer will be: the tacops gameplay is awesome compared to CS. you're already condamning us without knowing anything... just seing a few screenshots and you think you know the outcome.

but tell me exactly what do you offer??????
i mean you come to a halflife 2 website knowing that cs is the biggest game ever on the internet and you offer us tactical operations - terrorist vs counterterrorist
if you can come along and say right we have several gameplay modes such as defending bases etc, or new tactical modes such as a sat view for cts, or terrorist objectives like assassination, kidnapping, stealing an aircraft etc., damage modelling
but you've given us nothing
and the reason is that it is almost identical to css
this isnt pessimism this is pragmatism - i mean do you not want to make a name for yourself in the games industry - this is not the way
and your huge community (of a few 100 max) is just really being different for difference sake

The only thing that would make me play this vs CS:S is if you gave us iron sights. Other than that this sounds like a CS clone, and unless you offer something different (check out PoA) this mod will fall into dark and dusty corners.

it's hard to all explain the differences, i suggest you install Tactical ops on your computer and try it.

If it's hard to explain the differences it's probably due to the fact it isn't that different. I'd also like to note your site sucks. I clicked "download" and was brought to a FAQ which basicly only said "This isn't a Counter-Strike clone because I say it isn't".

Yes TO does share theme and setting with CS and has for the past 6 years however I must point out that there is more to a game than theme and setting. Here's the biggy. Gameplay.

Im not atal attacking Counterstrike gameplay but Tac Ops Plays Differently. Always has, and if the devs of TO sorce get this right always will.

This is the reason I like many long term TO players have stayed with the game for so long and have no interest in CS. The pace of the game suits us better.

The game deserves a fresh new engine and the Tac Ops revamp will be well received by fans if it stays true to the well paced, well balanced spirit of the originals.

Back