New Mortal Kombat trailer

all I can say is: it's shit.

Reptile is a harlequin baby
Baraka is a human with piercings and a butt on his forehead
Man revealed to be Scorpion at the end, not Kano
254wqdt.jpg

Why would you think he was kano? He didn't want Sonya.

This movie gives hope and promise to harlequin babies everywhere, that they can grow up and be...

errr wait nevermind.

What the ****? Also, it was obvious he was scorpion before he said he was scorpion, so why'd he have to go and do that! Pfft.

Dat sub zero D;

35ty34ehtfdbdfb.jpg

Isn't that the dude from those Old Republic renders?

Also, I'll watch anything that has Black Dynamite in it.

The black dude? I just know him from the Spawn movie.

If this isn't a movie I'm going to kill everything and everyone who made it not a movie.

Why would you think he was kano?
Hair like Kano, the accent. Made more sense that Kano, a notorious assassin with ties to the criminal underworld, would be sitting in Jaxx's office being shown dossiers of criminals, rather than AN UNDEAD NINJA WHOSE SOUL THIRSTS FOR REVENGE.

63 said:
Also, I'll watch anything that has Black Dynamite in it.
Erestheux said:
that looks balla
God what is wrong with you people.

Ah Darkside... always looking out for the most hardcore true-to-the-past versions of everything ever.

Naw, I already found that: THE ORIGINAL MORTAL KOMBAT MOVIE. The most faithful video game movie ever produced.

I'm sorry if I don't share everyone's sentiment of wanting to see a guy with an ass on his forehead in my movies. Dude looks like a goddamn Ferengi.

Wait why would it matter that it's faithful to some shitty 90s video games? Also, why are you the enemy of fun?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0293429/

It looks like the movie is facing some legal troubles. I hope it gets sorted out because this is like, the most perfect thing in the world. I can't wait to see all of the different backstories they give these bizarre characters.

I'm preparing a cryogenic sleep chamber so the wait does not seem so devastatingly long.

Wow really? Why would they release anything three years before the potential release? Hell most movies hardly even have actors three years before... It looks like they've already shot scenes and had editing. It's not even feasible to get excited this long before.

Also, the update was in february so the legal troubles could be well over by now... else why would they release this?

I am whit darkside whit the crapy baraka,infact I thought reptile was going to be baraka

I also thought it was kano at first

still this looks interesting but not that much

Wait why would it matter that it's faithful to some shitty 90s video games?
Lord in heaven...

Also, why are you the enemy of fun?
Do...do you not remember who I am? I know you've been on hiatus for a long time, but you ought to remember.

And if it "doesn't matter" if it's faithful, why even call it Mortal Kombat? Call it Psycho Fighter or Saw: The Video Game Tournament. Leave the Mortal Kombat name out of it.

RJMC said:
I also thought it was kano at first
I'm saying, bro. Everything was building him up to be Kano.

The entire movie with exception to the final fight scene has already been filmed. Filming that last scene will continue for the next two years.

yeah especially the goddamed beard

sure the creators went "lol lets make people believe this is kano lol"

but yeah hope they dont screw the rest like kung lao having a very sharp baseball cap or something like that

Making it Kano would give him importance he doesn't deserve!

/dons Darkside resistant armor

Heh, i've actually talked to the guy who played that Kano. He also played Kabal and QuanChi in MK4, iirc.

Canon-related stupidity aside, I love that they're trying to go all gritty and serious... and then they turn Johnny Cage into a Bruce Lee urban legend. "We sent a famous film star undercover!" BELIEVABLE.

Lord in heaven...

Do...do you not remember who I am? I know you've been on hiatus for a long time, but you ought to remember.

And if it "doesn't matter" if it's faithful, why even call it Mortal Kombat? Call it Psycho Fighter or Saw: The Video Game Tournament. Leave the Mortal Kombat name out of it.

I don't remember so much, but I've seen some proof that you're a guy who froths at the mouth at adaptations. I'm sure we will argue about this all sorts of times in the future ;)

I said shitty games, but I meant shitty story... Mortal Kombat isn't really known for that. I think it's excellent to take something like this and reimagine it with some totally different viewpoint after almost 20 years of their audience pretty much growing up. Baraka looks kind of dumb, sure, but Reptile being some insane Harliquin baby all grown up? That's just ridiculous enough for me to think Mortal Kombat.

It's called Mortal Kombat because it's a reimagining of old characters. It maintains expectations: reptile is disfigured and Baraka has his claw arms and Scorpion has his get over here thing, but it also something totally new.

AND YES, A STAGE PERFORMER QUANCHI.

I'd probably still watch it though.

A highly suspect, but extremely well produced video was uploaded to YouTube, under the account MortalKombatRebirth, yesterday featuring several Mortal Kombat characters in a live-action scripted scene. Questions are abound as there are absolutely no studio credits at the end or beginning of the video. WB Games has been producing cinema quality "viral" videos to promote their games, namely F.E.A.R. 3. Could this be a similar promotional video for Mortal Kombat 9?

UPDATE: It was an independent director's pitch to Warner Bros. See updates below for more detail.

Go here to see the rest.

Alsoooooooooooooo, the Mortal Kombat 9 trailer released today. So take a peek at that too.

Back