New Payload Map, More Community Maps, and a "very different new game mode"

-Psy-

Walking round in women's underwear
Reaction score
"The Scout is the next class slated for the special treatment, and Walker expects the update will be available early this year. Additionally, the team is juggling a number of side projects at the moment, including finally bringing a year's worth of the downloadable content and upgrades to the Xbox 360 version of the game. A new Payload map is in the works, more community maps are on the way and the team will soon unveil a very different new game mode."

Also note that Robin mentions that their may be changes to the Spy's disguise kit!

Source

That's great.

I hope the new gamemode is better than Arena. Anyway, I'm just looking forward to this update. And an edit to the Spy's disguise kit would be nice, it only fools sentries nowadays.

I hope the community maps don't stalemate as much as Turbine and Fastlane does.

Early this year ~Q3 in Valve time.

Also note that Robin mentions that their may be changes to the Spy's disguise kit!

Source

im praying for the ability to disguise as a turret. i know it has no practical value, but i just find it funny for some reason.

New gamemode! This is great, I wonder what it could be, so many possibilities, I still play TF2 more than any other game, the fact it has alot of future left in it is a great feeling.

How long's it been since Valve made a CP map? Badlands, right? Not counting the community maps like Steel.
Or a CTF map for that matter, unless you count the changes to Well.
Sure, payload is fine, but I hope it's not getting stale.

I would love a decent CTF map. CP I could pass on, but Payload and CTF cranked out in the future would make me happy. Hope the new mode is fun.

So they already have some ideas floating around on new characters, interesting...

And bring on the riskier stuff! The last time Valve did something they called risky, we got the game we all know and love as Portal.

Can't wait for it, wonder how they will edit the Spy's disguise case.

Actually, I'm a bit sad that they aren't making a better tc map. Not surprised. But, you know, they could.

The big problem with Spy disguised health is they're always between 50 and 99 %, so real suspicious seeing somone like that coming out of spawn.
A random Uber % on the Medic disguise would make it alot more useful.

I still think the best unlock idea is a Radar to replace the sapper.
You can see what's around the corner/ behind you, but you have to find another way to deal with buildings... it works in CS from what I can tell.
As long as enemy spies/buildings remain invisible to it, so they cans till hide secret teles/ sentries. And maybe a 1-2 second charge-up like the minigun and bingo! No more randomly running into Pyros round a corner.

If they do release a new class how many hundreds of people will scream that VALVE RUINED THE GAME!

This update is going to be so awesome there's only one thing I strictly require from it. That the new Payload is an Alpine map.

If they remove the disguise kit there will be hell to pay. Hell in the form of facestabs.

Unless they replace disguise kit with the ability to feign death. That is an acceptable tradeoff.

Well actually no it isn't, because people would just start checking every dead spy. FFS Valve don't remove the disguise kit, it's still useful. And give back feign death.

And give back tranq gun.

And put in the garrote wire and spider grenades.

Just...just make the spy exactly how he was in TFC, with Brotherhood of Arms upgrades. This will solve everything. This would be the perfect spy. This would be the perfect class, period. An invincible class...

There are probably a few changes they could make to disguise kit to make it a bit more effective. Like different enemy players seeing you as different classes, makes it harder to be called out.

Also an invincible class isn't perfect ya big eejit.

I'm imagining they're making a change like, disguised spies can use unlockables (of pyro, medic, heavy and scout). Or something like that.

I want to cut a hole in your head and slither inside, around your brain. And I want to poke at it, and examine it, and try to understand why on Earth you think this would not only be a good idea, but why you think Valve would actually implement it.

And I'd like to take a tiny, tiny pair of scissors and cut the synapses between those neurons, so that those thoughts never form in your head again.

You have the unlockables as part of the disguise, not actually using them?

I'm imagining they're making a change like, disguised spies can use unlockables (of pyro, medic, heavy and scout). Or something like that.

How on earth does that fundamentally change the disguise kit?

I think they should have an update where you select what unlockable you pretend to have equipped as spy in the Weapon Selection in options. Either that or it just chooses based on what preference you have for the class you're disguising as.

Back