New pc part 2

shortsite

Reaction score
I was going to go for the Quad core like this http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-038-OK&groupid=701&catid=339&subcat=791

But my friend is giving me a half price amd x2 board for 30 quid , hasnt been touched and so that would cheapen the amd side of things when it came to getting new pc components. But I need some advice as to if this is a good idea , I do a lot of gaming (I'm not gonna even tell ye what I have runnning at the mo btw) and a lot of graphic design work so guys please decide for me amd or intel I have like 360 quid to play with just like the guy in the other thread but I didnt want to stamp on his toes so I created another thread for this.

Let me know of your thoughts the amd side would be a amdx2 6000+ a
Asus M2N-SLi Deluxe (Socket AM2) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2-6400C4 TwinX (2x1GB)
and a OcUK ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 256MB GDDR3
plus a decent psu

cheers

That list looks good. If it fits your budget then it'd be what I would recommend. Though be careful with selecting a PSU. Make sure it is indeed decent.

It is a OCZ StealthXStream 600w Silent SLI Ready ATX2 Power Supply

gona go for overclokers and get my stuff in 2 weeks will let you and will post pics etc ;)

what is 281 Quid in US dollars?

Bear in mind that your only really getting it at half price if youre going to go sli, you can get a non-sli core2 duo board for not much extra.
Just a thought.

Back