New PC specs...

chu

Reaction score
Here is what I got:

ASUS "K8V SE Deluxe" K8T800 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 754 CPU -RETAIL

$115.00

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ASUS ATI RADEON X800 PRO Video Card, 256MB DDR, 256-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "AX800PRO/TD/256" -RETAIL

$469.00

Aspire 520W 12V Triple Fan Aluminum Power Supply (Silver), Model "ATX-AS520W SILVER" -RETAIL

$54.00

AMD Athlon 64 3400+, 1MB L2 Cache, 64-bit Processor - Retail

$416.00

Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, 184 Pin 1GB ECC Registered DDR PC-3200

$352.00

Western Digital 40GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model WD400BB, OEM Drive only

$52.00

Western Digital 120GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model WD1200JD, OEM Drive Only

$96.50

ViewSonic P95F+B 19" PerfectFlat CRT Monitor –RETAIL

$239.00

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS PCI Sound Card, Model "SB0350" -RETAIL

$88.00

Logitech Z-5300 5.1 THX Certified Speaker System -RETAIL

$139.00

Subtotal » $ 2,063.48

Let me know your suggestions on what I should add/replace and/or if all things should work out right.

why are you getting one SATA hdd and one IDE? and you dont need registered ram. in fact you dont want it.

Right, Registered ECC memory will not function with that platform (Socket 754).
If possible, order the X800 pro from someplace that has it cheaper.
I know compusa has it for 399$ but it is quiet often out of stock.

The other stuff looks good.

For Ram - This looks like a nice replacement

Harddrive - If you are getting a second harddrive, pick up another SATA harddrive. It will only be a couple of dollars more, and it will give a RAID option (you don't have to use it) and improve air flow in you case.

Other wise it looks good.

thanks for the input...

That vidcard was really just a place holder. I decided to just ditch the second HD for now. I was just going to use it for storage but all I really plan to do with this computer is play games. I will probably use my old one for designing shtuff.

I won't be buying/building this rig till mid/end of September, just need to save a few pennies (about 200,00 of them).

One thing I need to consider though is a case, I have seen some I like but I can't narrow it down to one.

There are a few good brands of cases you should look out for like Lian Li which are renowned for top quality aluminium cases as are antec, coolermaster and chieftec and thermaltake. Really does depend on what you think looks nice in the end though, or if you want extras such as removable mobo trays, side mounting hdd bays, 120mm fans etc.

You know you're kinda spending $70 extra then you should for an X800 pro. If you just get one from Best Buy or something it's only $399. Or with your power supply you could get a 6800GT which might be a little better than the X800 pro with it's 16 instead of 12 pipelines. But it's up to you, they're both lightning fast.

You might want to get a different PSU, I haven't heard alot of bad complaints about Aspire, but its better to spend a little bit more on a good-rated/reviewed PSU then try to save and have it fail on your and take out all the other components like your mobo, cpu, and etc. aswell.

I also recommend Yeong Yang cases

I have the YY-0420, bit heavy but its very nice and loads of space

bosox188 said:
You know you're kinda spending $70 extra then you should for an X800 pro. If you just get one from Best Buy or something it's only $399. Or with your power supply you could get a 6800GT which might be a little better than the X800 pro with it's 16 instead of 12 pipelines. But it's up to you, they're both lightning fast.

Once again, the card I have listed is just a placeholder... :sniper:

You got i bit too much money dude. *wispers can i have some* :p

Back