New pc!

The Brick

Reaction score
Now I don't have to speak about my new pc in the future tense anymore!

Just ordered:

case Antec Sonata II lifestyle [review] [image]
psu Antec Neo High Effeciency 550W [review+images]
mainboard ASUS P5B Deluxe [review] [image]
cpu Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 [review+images] [overclocking article]
cpu cooler Arctic Freezer 7 pro [review] [image]
ram Corsair Twin2X pc6400C4 2GB [review+images]
gpu ASUS EAX1950pro [review] [image]

Total incl. shipping: €1067,29

Hardware to be used:

soundcard Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro [review] [image]
hdd 2x Western Digital SATA2 wd-3200ks 320gb 16mb [image]
Western Digital IDE Caviar WD800 80gb 8mb [image]
optical LG DVD player
monitor Hyundai Q90U [review] [image]
mouse Razer Copperhead tempest blue [review+images]
pad Razer eXactmat [review] [image]
keyboard Logitech G15 [review] [image]
speakers Custom 5.1 audiophile style [photo]

What I hope to achieve through overclocking [image]

This computer is cool and inexpensive! Anyway, what is exactly the value in US dollar?

1,067.29 EUR = 1,357.92 USD

The total value of the pc will be about €2100 ($2700) without the speakers. The speakers themselves (amps included) are about €1000 ($1270).

edit: Oh yeah the pc should be really, really quiet.

Very nice! I hope you can OC high and have it be quiet. =p
Put some time into that post as well. hehe

Hmm the OC results screenshot didn't work, so here's it hosted on imageshack.
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9109/6300525x7ki7.jpg

@Asus - I hope so too. :) And ofcourse I'll show off my OC results, but it might take a while before the thing will be delivered. Not everything is in good stock.

@destrukt - Cheers. I've done a LOT of research into choosing the right components. I know pretty much everything about every aspect of every choice I made :) so there.

@Naudian - Yes f***ing finally indeed. And the small subwoofer you see on the right desk is to replace the fridge-sized one on top of my other speakers once it's finished.

You just be crazy to spend that amount of money on a PC, unless you have a job that pays very well

Hmm.. morning paper pays pretty well for my age. €265 per 4 weeks. It took me 4 months. And I think that all this is worth the money.

If you want to call someone crazy, do it to Gorgon. He plans to get 2 new DX10 geforces with a quad core cpu. :|

Now I don't have to speak about my new pc in the future tense anymore!

Just ordered:

case Antec Sonata II lifestyle [review] [image]
psu Antec Neo High Effeciency 550W [review+images]
mainboard ASUS P5B Deluxe [review] [image]
cpu Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 [review+images] [overclocking article]
cpu cooler Arctic Freezer 7 pro [review] [image]
ram Corsair Twin2X pc6400C4 2GB [review+images]
gpu ASUS EAX1950pro [review] [image]

Total incl. shipping: €1067,29

Hardware to be used:

soundcard Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro [review] [image]
hdd 2x Western Digital SATA2 wd-3200ks 320gb 16mb [image]
Western Digital IDE Caviar WD800 80gb 8mb [image]
optical LG DVD player
monitor Hyundai Q90U [review] [image]
mouse Razer Copperhead tempest blue [review+images]
pad Razer eXactmat [review] [image]
keyboard Logitech G15 [review] [image]
speakers Custom 5.1 audiophile style [photo]

What I hope to achieve through overclocking [image]

really very high config! I'm getting very jealous now, hope u will assemble all the parts properly.

Nice stuff Brick, hope the pc turns out as you hope, plus the oc'ing goes to plan !

:)

For now I'm only hoping that it will arrive soon and that I'll get the parts that I ordered.

Yeah, that's always the most nerve wracking part of building a new pc, hoping they damn well deliver when they said they would and got the order right !!

Damn why does the x1950pro have such a bad availability? :( D:
It's the last part my order is waiting for!

On a happy note, I got the very last module of that RAM, right before it went end-of-life. :E

Nice PC :)

Where are you ordering from and to, just out of interest?

So..your PC can figure out Pi?

D:

Alright the Asus eax1950pro was taking me too long, so I changed the order and replaced that card with a Sapphire X1950XT. I had to pay another €54, but that's ok.

It should be here within a week :E \o/ :D :cheers:

Alright the Asus eax1950pro was taking me too long, so I changed the order and replaced that card with a Sapphire X1950XT. I had to pay another €54, but that's ok.

It should be here within a week :E \o/ :D :cheers:

Your rig is pure sechs.

Seems that for now I'm far away from enjoying this. The mainboard doesn't detect my IDE drive and somehow it can't boot from cd. what the **** is going on.

Yes. And now, after 13 hrs of work, it's done. The little problem I mentioned was just a stupid me, forgetting to set the master/slave right on the IDE devices. After that was fixed, I was surprised by a most unusual event; my new pc simply booted into windows from the c drive from my old pc. :|

Well tons of errors ofcourse, and after a few hours of deinstalling and reinstalling drivers, re-doing most configurations, it's perfectly what I had before :D

And it's bloody fast, 5 to ten times faster than my old pc (sempron 2800+, 1gb ddr400, rad 9600xt)! :D And I have yet to overclock!!!! :D:D:D

Well anyway I'm very pleased with it so far, it runs css at max detail at around 150fps. I'm gonna try some eye-candy games tomorrow, but for now I'm going to sleep.

This thing is paying off.

bricke630035gg2.png

Seriously.

I'll post some comparing benchmarks later when I'm done testing stability and limits.

Edit: temps
idle : 40°C
load: 44°C (rofl <3 this cooler)

Any pics of the pc in the room / I'm getting a new pc next year same time crysis comes out april i think. NICE RIG Why no dx 10 card???

Cuz the only ones available are gonna be outdated in no time.

And they're helllllalaaaaaaaaaa fuuuuuuuuucckckiiinnngnnggnggggg expensive. I might post some pics when I get bored, which is unlikely.

I plan to upgrade to a quad core cpu and a nice DX10 card somewhere late 2007.

Lol, quad core, how useful that will be this coming year or two....

Haven't read the Valve multicore article I guess? Or heard about Alan Wake?

Yup, read both thanks very much

:)

However i can't see that a core2duo at over 3ghz teamed with a DX10 card won't cope with those just fine. Make any more assumptions ?

Look I have no idea how much quad core is gonna be an improvement over dual core, but valve made it very promising. We'll have to see. I'm not the person that would buy a useless upgrade. I would only buy a quad core if it would pack the same bang for the buck as this e6300. Intel's mainstream quaddies are coming somewhere Q2 2007, so I'd thought I could pick up a nice one in Q3/Q4, when the time is ripe for a DX10 card.

Btw about that overclock, running 3.5ghz wasn't stable at all. It would bluescreen, reboot during boot or in a benchmark. Also, I didn't know it back then, there's a bug in 50% the mainboards that, at certain settings, make the PCIe slot run in x1 mode instead of x16. It's very annoying and for everyone that has the problem, the fix is different. I found mine and started to overclock by increasing the fsb 5mhz each hour (started at 2.33ghz - 333mhz fsb). Now it's running semi-stable at exactly 3ghz. I, unluckily, got a bad-luck board, that doesn't run stable at all at high speeds. But it runs fine at stock speeds, so I can't RMA it (replace it with a new one). :(

But 3ghz is just fine...

Idd, Valve have some really promising ideas in the pipeline, and i'm sure they'll deliver as well. Don't worry, wasn't an attack on you ! Just find it hard to believe that you wouldn't be able to run Valve engined games on that system just fine for some time to come without a quad core.

Doh, shame, cos 3.5 is a mightily impressive figure ! Bit of a bummer about the board, is it something that they could fix in a bios update ? Still, 3ghz isn't all that bad eh.

;)

Alright I've been running this system for a while now, at a stable 3ghz (429x7). This thing is truly amazing. It also seems that I made a really good decision by getting the X1950XT instead of the pro version :)

Tom's Hardware said:
The X1950 XT is an amazing deal at a $270 price point. Its core runs a mere 25 MHz slower than that of the X1950 XTX, and its memory runs a full 250-Mhz (effective) faster than the X1900 XTX. Translated into plain English, this is a blazing fast card - faster than the previous X1900 XTX champ, and fast enough to run at high resolutions with nice eye candy. The GeForce 7900 GTO is a nice card, but the X1950 XT's much higher memory speed ( 480-MHz effective faster than the GTO) pulls it ahead. You simply can't buy anything better at this price.

here

Benchmarks

3DMark 2003

Old pc @ stock _____3912
(1.6ghz)
Old pc @ 2.2ghz_____4544

New pc @ stock_____17469
(1.86ghz)
New pc @ 3ghz_____20001

3DMark 2005

Old pc @ stock _____1918

Old pc @ 2.2ghz_____2235