New Perks for Jailbreak Players

Munro

ValveTime Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Jailbreak team have released information on a new feature addition to version 0.4. They call it 'perks' which is their name for the 'get points and spend them to get cool stuff' concept. I'll let them explain:[br]
So what exactly are perks all about? The concept is simple: You earn points, as explained last week, and using these points you can buy one of twelve perks, combining these perks together creates a custom class... So, you wanna be an double jumping medic? You can! Invisible and accurate heavy weapons guy? Check. Want to spawn in Jail with a weapon? No problem.[br]Balance issues you say? Each perk is seperated into levels, only attainable by gaining more points, and only one perk is allowed per level. Alongside this each perk is balanced to provide a defence or offence against another perk. So if the enemy team are using Stealth; buy Awareness and you can see them! Problem solved.
[br]
They have also posted 6 new screenshots from their latest beta test.[br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]
newsspacer2.gif
[br]
newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif

hmm, not sure how into this idea i am, it is quite an overused concept and i think most people are looking for innovation from mods nowadays. certainly their original concept is innovative and distinct from the mainstream, and it piqued my interest, hopefully this "perks" idea won't make the mod too same-y.

Back