New Problems.

koul_jackson

Reaction score
Okay those of us reading my "PowerSupply" thread know that i'm having some seriouse problems let me sum it up.

First I installed Windows Xp Pro on a brandnew machine that I built with the parts listed below. Without getting on the internet I installed all the drivers and Doom3...things went smoothly. But Doom3 freezes and then makes a "Studdered" sound like the soundtrack was skipping...after about 4 seconds the game resumes. It may repeat this for like 3 or 4 times in a 10 minute span or i might go 15 minutes without interruption...quite annoying actually.

Today i bought GuildWars and installed halflife2, Cs:source, and Dod:Source...i ran CS;Source's video stress test 5 times in a row with no studdering...likewise I can play Cs:Source and DOD:Source with the freezing, i haven't tried playing longer then 1 hour though.

Once will playing GuildWars(Which Freezes just like doom3)the system crashed and i was told that nv4p.dll(a video driver file) caused an "Infinite Loop" error...the screen disappeared after a few seconds, i have been unable to recreate the error.

So what have I tried? I installed all the motherboard drivers off the MSI website, and I installed the latest drivers from Nvidia to go with my Pci-x card. I went into System properties and then into Nvidia's control panel and disabled the AA and Antro-Filtering to see if it made a difference and it did not...any thoughts?

Back