New record in Eve online heist history!

hool10

Tank
Reaction score
he had been in charge of Solar Fleet’s assets for as long as five (5) years, several accounts reveal that BigMaman grew disenchanted with his long time leader MACTEP [SDG], when things reached a boiling point the player already had made his mind and took off the loot.
this would be the equivalent of +2400 PLEX licenses (200 years of play time) and $42,000 cold hard cash value.
But things doesn’t end there, yesterday we reported about an Avatar class titan which was downed by the selling party barely 15 minutes after selling it to their ill fated customer, apparently this character was an alt of the now insanely rich Solar Player.

http://www.evenews24.com/2011/07/22...up-to-900bil-in-new-edens-biggest-heist-ever/

This makes this scam last year seem small with 850bil stolen: http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/0...teals-45-000-worth-of-isk-in-massive-investm/

Then the Eve Online bank scam seem smaller when this guy sold 700 bil ISK for real life money for a down payment on a house: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Eve-Online-Economy-Suffers-700-billion-ISK-Scam-33737.shtml

Do this in any other MMO and receive a life-time ban.

Do this in any other MMO and receive a life-time ban.
Well, as he himself stated, had he taken more he would have violated the EULA and gotten permanently banned.

So he was smart in choosing to take the maximum legal amount.

Brilliant. I'd play EVE if I had the time. Oh well, if it survives until my retirement...

What would have constituted an EULA violation?

I do not know, I am merely going by what the guy behind the heist himself said.

"I could do worse and clean SF bank, but I play honestly and never violated EULA, so I took maximum of what was legal. I could kick corps, disband both alliances and drop claims – but it will have impact on others, people that I know and have good relationships. But problem is personal – and it’s only about you. Besides you can easily forget to pay sov bills on your own."

I don't play EVE myself, haven't for six years, and when I did play I never read every single line in the EULA.

Just got offered 5 free days + 10 dollar sub fee for my next month of purchase (instead of 15) Plus some other small goodies. So tempting to resub sometimes, but usually after the second week of a sub I find myself bored or underwhelmed in Eve.

One thing I love about Eve though is how non-addicting it is, it's a game that works really well with schedules in my opinion because it is not grind focused, so it is easy to drop in and out whenever you like.

Nah Gar he could have taken everything. However if he gave the ISK to an ISK seller site, which the down payment on a house guy did, you will be banned. The only reason the guy did not take everything was he liked the alliance and the people in it. He just didn't like what the other alliance leaders were doing to him.

Nah Gar he could have taken everything. However if he gave the ISK to an ISK seller site, which the down payment on a house guy did, you will be banned. The only reason the guy did not take everything was he liked the alliance and the people in it. He just didn't like what the other alliance leaders were doing to him.

Then why does he write "I took maximum of what was legal"?

He never mentions selling the ISK for RL money, but directly implies that taking more ISK than he did would have not been legal (in the game?)

Then why does he write "I took maximum of what was legal"?

He never mentions selling the ISK for RL money, but directly implies that taking more ISK than he did would have not been legal (in the game?)
I have no clue what he meant was 'legal' either.

Back