New STALKER Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoa .. damn nice sky except the moon, looks like it has a 2px stroke around it :X

destrukt said:
whoa .. damn nice sky except the moon, looks like it has a 2px stroke around it :X
Hahaha the moon looks so out of place.

Maybe it's just me, but the weapon models look like ass. So does the guy's arm. It takes up way too much of the screen.

I hear ya K.P. I'm not gonna get myself all hyped up like I did for hl2 and make the wait for the game seem longer.

I don't know. To be honest, I think HL2 looks better. And if put to the task, with the exception of some of the effects, the Source engine could accomplish the same scenes on par if not better than Stalker's engine. Of course that's just from a graphics standpoint. It could possbily play better than HL2, but I'm not sure about that either.

Anyway, for a so called HL2 killer, it doesn't seem like it could blow it away. By the way, I am not a "fanboy", so please withold that sort of comment.

Iron sights :/

*spits on the floor*

Why!??!?!

i have a feeling even people with high end systems(3ghz p4/amd,1gb ram,top of the line gc)will need to upgrade to play this with all the bells and whistles,seems to good to be true,there must be a catch

jesus nice wrists... he looks like mary-kate. ha.

TaiFong said:
I don't know. To be honest, I think HL2 looks better. And if put to the task, with the exception of some of the effects, the Source engine could accomplish the same scenes on par if not better than Stalker's engine. Of course that's just from a graphics standpoint. It could possbily play better than HL2, but I'm not sure about that either.

Anyway, for a so called HL2 killer, it doesn't seem like it could blow it away. By the way, I am not a "fanboy", so please withold that sort of comment.
who said its a HL2 killer?

I wanna see some gameplay movies that show of the actual gameplay for a change. The only thing i continue seeing about this game is the graphics (which are fantastic).

SHOW US SOME GAMEPLAY DAMNIT!!!

Sparta said:
I wanna see some gameplay movies that show of the actual gameplay for a change. The only thing i continue seeing about this game is the graphics (which are fantastic).

SHOW US SOME GAMEPLAY DAMNIT!!!

I agree. Everyone knows the game looks good, but we've been shown next to nothing concerning the AI and the actual combat.

There is such a thing as TOO much detail.

That guy's arms are just autrocious. You have these beautiful looking environments, but the player models are so ugly, that I can't look at them anymore. :(

That's what sets STALKER in a league of it's own...it's unlike anything we've seen before.

A True Canadian said:
There is such a thing as TOO much detail.

That guy's arms are just autrocious. You have these beautiful looking environments, but the player models are so ugly, that I can't look at them anymore. :(

That's what sets STALKER in a league of it's own...it's unlike anything we've seen before.
Beautiful yet ugly?

Because i've got this friend who's kinda like that

<RJMC> said:
who said its a HL2 killer?

I've hear it referred to as that every now and again. Maybe I shouldn't quote random people? :E

TaiFong said:

it's never been labelled a hl2 killer . . . and i'm sure the people who are making this [ some small-time developer from somewhere like russia/in that area ] don't care about hl2.

but the game, it's gameplay is supposedly quite innovative, some type of fps with some rpg elements.

The weather system looks good, but the graphics overall = meh, they're very plain for a next generation game. I'm going to be buying S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for the gameplay, which hopefully will rock!

Sparta said:
Beautiful yet ugly?

Because i've got this friend who's kinda like that
the fact is that hands looks very weird,or maybe the hands are like that for the radiation

<RJMC> said:
the fact is that hands looks very weird,or maybe the hands are like that for the radiation
or anorexic russians. oxymoron?

The moon is in front of the clouds... In earlier pics it looked perfect and like it does irl.. I wonder if it was a little glitch or something BTW Stalker uses every single Direct X 9 feature there is... Time to give those x800's and 6800's a work out :D

STALKER looks nice but I would rather play Half-Life 2 then grow old waiting for it.

If I can drive that helicopter and things then yes... then yes I think it will be good.
Weopons models could be better.

Other than that, bravo.

Iron sights :/

*spits on the floor*

Why!??!?!

To ensure that only intelligent people can use the guns to their full ability ... unlike, say, Halo 2, where any newbie can use any gun without any intelligent thought ...

Neo_Kuja said:
To ensure that only intelligent people can use the guns to their full ability ... unlike, say, Halo 2, where any newbie can use any gun without any intelligent thought ...
We're talking about STALKER not Halo 2. Shush up

am i the only one who thought the wrist looked good? my wrist look like that and im a good athlete 6'2" 175lbs(around 80 kilosfor u funky euros).

i think it looks great and i dont really think it should be compared to hl2 gameplay wise. its pretty different, the concept anyway. i dont think they will fail as bad as everyone is hoping or expecting.

oh and i like the iron sight idea if it is infact included in stalker, but im just a realist.

jimbo118 said:
i have a feeling even people with high end systems(3ghz p4/amd,1gb ram,top of the line gc)will need to upgrade to play this with all the bells and whistles,seems to good to be true,there must be a catch

According to this:

http://www.tomshardware.com/game/20030309/gds_2003-03.html

STALKER ran pretty good on the high-end tech of 2003...

So a 9600 Pro or so should do.

There's also a few benchmarks, I believe, out there that shows this.

The reports from e3 said it was visibly stuttering on the latest nvidia stuff they had there. Like HL2 it might scale down well: decent framerate but looking less spectacular than those new screens on the mid-priced cards like the 9600.

As for those screens looking bad? We were all drooling over them last year. Since then of course we've had D3 and HL2 come out so now it isn't looking as ground breaking graphics-wise, that's all -- but then hardly anything does anymore since the 500lb gaming gorillas were unleashed. If they can get some solid and deep RPG, Deus Ex style, gameplay on it besides, it ought to be more than worthwhile.

Neo_Kuja said:

*taken the bait*

You can't be serious. Seriously.

Iron sights requiring intelligence?? :) (what complete rubbish)

As for Halo 2 - it demands more 'intelligent thought' in weapon choice and usage than virtually any shooter I can think of.

//back on topic

The screenshots do look great. If Stalker can deliver half of what the devs promise then it'll be worth a purchase :)

Audiophile said:
STALKER looks nice but I would rather play Half-Life 2 then grow old waiting for it.

how long were people waiting for hl2.

How can we have waited for 5 years, if we just found out about HL2 in 2003?

Development on HL2 was said to have started very shortly after HL was released in '98, so I guess it can make sense.

in 2003 ? .. wow, it magically popped up in 2003 ? :|

destrukt said:
um, people have been waiting for hl2 for over 5/6 years.

yeah um hi stupid :bounce: , nobody knew official about a Half Life 2, or of a good estimation when it was gonna come out till mid way thru 2003. So to be waiting for something that technically doesn't exist, which half life 2 didn't until mid 03 would be impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back