New Steam Icons

Penfold

Reaction score
Hi all, these are three variations of the Steam sysyem tray icon, all created by Nero. I take no credit whatsoever for these icons - the original readme is included along with the icons. I have removed the .png's as these made the zip too big to attach here) He hasn't said he doesn't want them submitted anywhere else,so I thought he wouldn't mind me posting them here :D

Unfortunately, only the one type of Steam icon is supplied. By that, I mean that there are no 'Steam Updating' or 'Offline Mode' icons, only the 'Steam Online' icon :upstare:

To replace your Steam icon:

1. Make sure you have quit Steam

2. Go to your steam folder, then the public folder. In here you will see the following files:

steam_offline.ico
steam_tray.ico
steam_updating.ico

3. Make sure you create a backup of the 'steam_tray.ico' file somewhere else on your computer, just incase you ever want to change back.

4. Now delete the original 'steam_tray.ico' file

5. Copy one of the three steam icons by nero into the public folder, then rename it 'steam_tray' (ensuring you do not get rid of the '.ico' part)

6. You can now launch Steam and see your brand new glossy icon in the system tray (lower right) :) :bounce:

I think that these icons are really good, it's just a shame that there are no updating or offline icons. Still, you'll be seeing the online one the most, so never mind. Once again, I do not take credit for these icons, they were made by Nero - http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/13867628/

Hope you all enjoy using them :thumbs:

thanks for that, :) all the valve icons need a face lift to be quite honest

Yup, they are definitely worth a try, even if you decide to go back to the original (make sure you keep a backup).

I'll post the png's separately below as they are too big to attach together. Here's the first one:

Now can you make something to replace Steam itself pls k thx

Not bad, but ill stick with the originals.

very nice... i tried these ones they were first around, they look pretty cool.

I meant to put this in my first post of the thread, but I'm too late :dozey:

For those of you that would like to see the icons before downloading:

steamicons8cb.png

Here is the Steam coloured one in my system tray:

steamicon8pq.png

Back