New Team Fortress 2 Update Released

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
A new required updates for Team Fortress 2 and Day of Defeat: Source have been released today.[br]

Day of Defeat: Source:
  • Fixed an engine crash.

Team Fortress 2:
  • Updated PL_Hoodoo: Added a balcony at 2-1 that I've rotated and cleaned up so it's a much better point, it attracts less sentry spam but is still holdable. 2-2 has a bit more breathing room and the one way route between BLU/RED spawn in stage 3 has gone and in its place some stairs up to the second level accessible from BLU's side.
  • Added "tf_ctf_bonus_time" ConVar to set the CritBoost bonus time for capturing the intelligence (0 to disable it)
  • Added "tf_arena_first_blood" ConVar to toggle the first blood feature in Arena mode (0 to disable it)
  • Added missing snowpuff particles for DX8 players
  • Fixed rocket jumping
  • Fixed sticky bomb attachment to props. They will now only ignore the saws in sawmill
  • Fixed Scouts going into reference pose in double jumps
  • Fixed the Ubersaw not displaying team colors
  • Fixed Spies disguised as RED Scouts not cloaking properly
  • Removed two more text messages for TF_FLAGTYPE_ATTACK_DEFEND CTF game mode

You will get this update automatically via Steam.

There is no I in team, Valve and community mapper.

Fixed sticky bomb attachment to props. They will now only ignore the saws in sawmill
So the sticky bombs will just "fly through" the saw???

sawmill has lots of open areas, as a pyro i feel overexposed there and i hate that map. also as a engineer on the new king of the hill maps..you either do really good or suck balls.

EDIT: game just crashed after getting this message trying to get into 4 separate servers:

"Server is enforcing consistency for this file: particles/water_dx80.pcf"

i have DirectX 9.0c i believe

sawmill has lots of open areas, as a pyro i feel overexposed there and i hate that map. also as a engineer on the new king of the hill maps..you either do really good or suck balls.

EDIT: game just crashed after getting this message trying to get into 4 separate servers:

"Server is enforcing consistency for this file: particles/water_dx80.pcf"

i have DirectX 9.0c i believe

I've been getting that error a lot. Luckily it works fine on one my regular servers.

"Server is enforcing consistency for this file: particles/water_dx80.pcf" Had that constantly after this update came out, just the servers being out of date should be fine now.

"Server is enforcing consistency for this file: particles/water_dx80.pcf" Had that constantly after this update came out, just the servers being out of date should be fine now.
Indeed, that message always means outdated server, not a problem your end. Don't go changing anything!

ok, good god.....what would i do without my daily TF2?? also it looks like i'll have to look for more servers then

A new required updates for Team Fortress 2 and Day of Defeat: Source have been released today.[br]

Day of Defeat: Source:
  • Fixed an engine crash.

sigh...was hoping maybe a new map or something...oh well

The sticky bombs bounced off the saws in the last update, as well as I think every other prop. I tried to put some on a control point, and they veered away from it.

Back