new track!

i like how each melody fits in one over the other in the song (especially the one that resembles a piano), and actually makes sense. i see you went for the happy mood in this song :)

Thanks for the reply!

yeah i went for a bit more positive feel, discovering new scales and all :D but god forbid i do something in the major scale :p
Yeah generally with most of the melodies i just went with what felt good next to what was already there and ended up with a pot pourri of sounds..

It's a bit childishly hopeful in a way. maybe a bit too retro at times but heck, what are you gonna do.. :) Making pro modern sounding stuff with software todays is just like starting the program and adding a pre-made device.
Getting something that sounds broken, old, but still conveys the message, is much harder in my opinion.

I record most of the melodies with a piano device and try to make sure they feel good, then attribute them to the proper devices, with a piano it's basically all about the basic feel, the melody and its easier to focus on it that way, then **** up the sounds in whichever way feels appropriate.

Was going to reply but hit the wrong sublink and it asked me to register so I effed it, but I found the right link and listened. It's so nice......... I'm playing it again! Good background music if you're really not paying attention to it, it's just kinda there. Thumbs up.

Edit - While listening, I haven't made a single flame post!

possible positive effects on forum trolls? astonishing! i'll get munro to embed it in the whole forum!

It could be the fact that I was talking to my soon-to-be-girl-friend-girl-who-i-am-crazy-about but it could be the music too.

you think girls could possibly be a source of happiness? pah.

You know, the music was working, but then I flipped to some marylin manson, and I'm just feeling evil again.

I love how the bass makes really simple and quick transitions in melody :D

And the whole thing made me smile, it was so happy.

It actually sounds like Freezepop now that I think about it... :)

The part where the bass went out and you just had the beat, you could really hear that synth nicely and it was great.

And then after that part, with that accoustic sounding thing fading in, it was a great buildup to the climax. Great ending too, with that final note :)

I never doubt your capacity to make great music, thanks for sharing :D

awww vegeta that makes me all fuzzy inside. Thanks a ton, love your thorough comments :) I wasn't sure about the acoustic thing as you put it, but i just felt it fit in with the spirit of the track and was a good way to break away while bringing it back into the ending.

The intro reminds me of FF7, like when you're talking to Aeris or something. The church scene and stuff. Anyway, this is pretty cool. I like.

EDIT: What programs do you use to make your music? I'm only limited to Cubase and GuitarPro at my school, I've been trying to talk my teachers into getting new programs, though.

Limited to cubase? :rolling:
Trust me, if you have cubase you dont need anything else.. apart from vst instruments of course (the stock cubase plugins arent very good).

I can Derelicte my own balls.

Hahahahahahaha....hahaa.....ha.... oh. :(

I really enjoyed the song though. :)

Reaktor4 said:
Limited to cubase? :rolling:
Trust me, if you have cubase you dont need anything else.. apart from vst instruments of course (the stock cubase plugins arent very good).

I mean thats all I have access to. Cubase is a great program, I've made loads of stuff on there for either GCSE work or just to show my freinds or because I was bored and wanted to make a song. I just want to try some new programs at somepoint.

Back