New Update!!

Slik

Reaction score
This evening we're planning for a major release of two new Counter-Strike: Source maps, along with a number of smaller changes to the game. This will be a fairly large download, so it might take a while for you to get all of the new content downloaded. It should be worth the wait.

The first of the two maps we'll be adding is a brand new design named de_port, which focuses on giving the two teams a number of initial routes to take in a bomb/diffuse scenario. A couple of weeks ago we sketched out some of our intentions with the map layout, which you can go back and check out here.

The second map we'll be adding to the rotation is a remade de_inferno. As part of our effort to give the community more insight into what we're doing here at Valve, we thought people might find it interesting to see how a map changes over its development cycle. To that end, we've put together a set of screenshots that were taken once each day during de_inferno's development, taken from a variety of camera angles around the map. You can take a look at that Here .

de_inferno_longhall.gif
So maybe we will get the update in a few hours?

edit:w00t my first time doing this :p

y do u so many ppl post the updates it pointless if there on the front page and in steam news

this guy had it first to my knowledge and some people(unlike me) aren't glued to this site and also some leave steam running until they know the update is available...

I know I used to just leave steam running no matter what..and besides where do you see the update on the frontpage?

its not in the front page right now... and there is only one right now in the Counterstrike forum thread.

I also was the first one to post this.

edit: beaten :E

Slik said:
its not in the front page right now... and there is only one right now in the Counterstrike forum thread.

I also was the first one to post this.

edit: beaten :E

Beaten? Dude, that thread has been up since 2 days ago.

Slik said:
your kidding right?

No.

Okay, maybe not two days but yesterday.

Taken right from the top of the first post in the other thread:

Yesterday, 07:16 PM

Don't be a jackass.

hi, new to HS.net, my Steam stuff has been updating for hours.

I just exited and reconnected to Steam and went to play CSS... no update yet and its 10:30EST.

Looks like the guy who's supposed to press the "Release New Stuff" button fell asleep.

Maybe they're waiting till midnight EST or something.

Just a thought :|

Edit: Guess not :(

Back