new update

Zeus

Tank
Reaction score
Updates to Steam have been released. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. This release includes a number of very specific CPU and memory footprint optimizations brought over from the Half-Life 2: XBOX development codebase. The release also includes all of the engine groundwork to enable the Day of Defeat: Source launch that will happen Monday, September 26 at 3:00 PDT.

http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news

YAY cool hope it will improve my perfromance.

right now I got 1gig of ram AMD64 3500 BFG 6800/OC

Lemonking said:
right now I got 1gig of ram AMD64 3500 BFG 6800/OC
Lemonking, have I already told you I have your dog hostage?

Nice update :)

However mod's are broken! :(

Some people also report CSS crashing as well, so IDK...

But hey, this is the growing pains that must be done when VALVe is implementing new graphical features :)

yea it sux dysopia wont work also on my 5700le the update forced all by it self for it to run in dx9 is like the source engine optimized now for dx9 on fx cards?

I'm sure Source is optimized for that, but I'm not sure how optimized the FX series of cards are with DX9 material.

Also, can't you change it in the options menu? I believe you will have to turn off HDR and then you can change to run at DX8.1 level or whatever you run at. HDR is a DX9 feature only.

Optimization is a very good thing, but info required for DOD being downloaded? Argh, I don't like it - I have no plans to buy DOD:S anytime soon, so I'd rather not have my hard drive cluttered up with "engine groundwork" for it.

The new update has killed my performance by forcing DX9, I disabled HDR but still cannot go back to DX 8.1. Any ideas on how to change the DX levels. I am ordering an X800 pro, but right now I only have a FX5200, it was running great on Medium settings before the udate, now it it is bad.

Thanks

Config: mat_dxlevel 81 or mat_dxlevel 9

Command Line: -dxlevel 81 or -dxlevel 9

think the others are 6 7 & 8

MrFunky said:
Config: mat_dxlevel 81 or mat_dxlevel 9

Command Line: -dxlevel 81 or -dxlevel 9

think the others are 6 7 & 8

where do we put the command line? in the target section in the icon?

whenever I play gmod I get a white line across the screen...garry said its because the new update screwed up custom shaders. So anyone having problems with the white line try turning off bloom and see if it works until valve fixes it.

jeez...does valve even test these updates before they release them?

Back